Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, seeing as everyone ignored my post on FiestaSTOC... I'm gonna post it here aswell, basically for a few months I've been getting a bit of a clicking noise when I let off the throttle or when I reverse up a high kerb, as of today, it's a constant click. Am I right in thinking it's a knackered CV joint, I haven't checked underneath for spilt grease or anything because I can't, booked in on Saturday for a look/change, but is it still alright to drive until then?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Put the car on full lock in a car park and drive slowly in circles with the window down and see if it does it all the time.

If it does go click, click, click, as you go round in a circle it will be a CV joint.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
This might sound daft but have you checked your tires recently ? Might have a stone stuck in the tread ?
Might also be worth checking your wheel nuts ;-)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I went over my tires, I'll have a proper look tomorrow morning though

Only torqued them up a few weeks ago, will have another look though, will check my brakes whilst I'm at it

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
what sort of miles have you done? if its an st180 then i wouldnt have thought the car old enough to have a knackered cv joint already?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Didn't see the post on the fiesta forum. I had this issue on my old car and it turned out to be the CV joint, it didn't need replacing but was on its way, this happened just before I sold it so not sure if the issue was resolved after sale. The car was 3 years old at the point of sale.

Also happened on my 2002 Renault Clio and it was the same issue. (Couldn't tell you if it was resolved as the car had a minefield of issues)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Took my wheels off and removed all stones, checked the CV Boots and they're all ok. I'm sure I can live with it

It's booked in on Saturday anyways, it's been doing it for like 3k miles now so I'm sure another 100 won't hurt it :p

Edit: My car is 2.5 years old, so it's probably the joint then

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Took my wheels off and removed all stones, checked the CV Boots and they're all ok. I'm sure I can live with it

It's booked in on Saturday anyways, it's been doing it for like 3k miles now so I'm sure another 100 won't hurt it :p

Edit: My car is 2.5 years old, so it's probably the joint then
Won't have to live with it much longer if your getting the RS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts