Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a Javelin sprint at Croft race circuit last Sunday with the FRS and had a great day out, car went well and it came home in one piece which is always good.

I was running 6th overall (27 in total) and 2nd in class (7 in total) with a time of 1min 41.28 secs but in the last run I forgot to switch the traction control off and along with a couple of other things I unfortunately didn't get the best of runs. I slipped down to 8th overall and 4th in class as an EVO and an Alfa found some more power and really improved their times.

I had a play with a new app for lap timing for the first time on Sunday, it is linked to the GoPro and the engine ECU for data. Not quite got the hang of it yet but here is a video of one of my laps, not the quickest one but reasonable good.

Not sure how to get a video on this site but I have added a link to YouTube

Hopefully it will work

Jim

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great pal - what's specs the car ?
494 BHP on Revo with forged engine, spec-r inter cooler, hybrid turbo, big injectors, BC Racing dampers, AP brakes plus various other bits etc all done by Sitech and also a Wolf AWD conversion

Jim

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Is this the 1st it's been used in anger since the awd conversion? What differences did you notice out on track?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Is this the 1st it's been used in anger since the awd conversion? What differences did you notice out on track?
I've been out in it before ( and out again tomorrow) it has a lot less wheel spin and you can get the power on much quick coming out of a corner. The rear suspension needs sorting problerly (winter job list) which will make it much more stable at high speed.

I was 2.3 secs quicker than last year but it was not all down to the AWD

Jim

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Nice video

What is the name of the app you are using, looks very cool overlaying all that data onto the lap map.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
So is the AWD worth it? Does the cost justify the performance? Never going to afford to do it myself but just wondered if there was a night and day difference

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Nice video

What is the name of the app you are using, looks very cool overlaying all that data onto the lap map.
It is harry's Lap Timer with a box that plugs into the OBD port

So is the AWD worth it? Does the cost justify the performance? Never going to afford to do it myself but just wondered if there was a night and day difference
For me it is worth it.....but not for the cost, but nothing ever is when you start modifying cars beyond the first couple of stages.

Enjoyed that video. Thanks for posting.

What recirc valve are you using by the way?
It was from Sitech

1 - 18 of 18 Posts