Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Doubt a space saver would go over the front calipers.

But that's not to say you can't get one to go over the rear calipers and just put a 19" rear wheel on the front if you get a front wheel puncture? (As all 4 wheels are the same size)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I specced one on my ST but that was in 2008 but it was only about £50 factory order.

Doubt a space saver would go over the front calipers.

But that's not to say you can't get one to go over the rear calipers and just put a 19" rear wheel on the front if you get a front wheel puncture? (As all 4 wheels are the same size)
My Megane 250 is like that the spacesaver will not fit over the Brembos but fits the rear fine.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Has anyone tried to get a spare wheel for their RS yet?

As the brake discs are large, I expect I'll have to get a full-sized alloy wheel as a spare (space saver wouldn't fit over the caliper) but would welcome your experiences. :nice:

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

As the brake discs are large, I expect I'll have to get a full-sized alloy wheel as a spare (space saver wouldn't fit over the caliper) but would welcome your experiences. :nice:
I haven't actaully tried anything but you could probably get away with a space saver still...

...but only on the rear! So if you needed to change a front there would be a little bit of extra wheel swapping to do :yep:

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts

I have a space saver which I bought for my mk2 (also had the caliper restriction) which should fit at the rear like with the mk2. So it would get me out of a spot by swapping a wheel from back to front and putting the spacesaver on the back.

I also used to have a full sized spare and in all honesty I never used it as it was too big to cart around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.