Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a space saver spare wheel available?
I'm not sure but I'd be very interested too :yep:

Do the ST's have to option for one? and if so I wonder if the kit will fit in the RS due to the lower boot space?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm not sure but I'd be very interested too :yep:
Do the ST's have to option for one? and if so I wonder if the kit will fit in the RS due to the lower boot space?
I bought one for my last rs, was very expensive as got it from the garage parts dept

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I bought one for my last rs, was very expensive as got it from the garage parts dept
I don't the same mate... it's a fair while ago now but if I remember right the whole kit come to about £250 with all the foam parts and new carpet etc

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Doubt a space saver would go over the front calipers.

But that's not to say you can't get one to go over the rear calipers and just put a 19" rear wheel on the front if you get a front wheel puncture? (As all 4 wheels are the same size)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I specced one on my ST but that was in 2008 but it was only about £50 factory order.

Doubt a space saver would go over the front calipers.

But that's not to say you can't get one to go over the rear calipers and just put a 19" rear wheel on the front if you get a front wheel puncture? (As all 4 wheels are the same size)
My Megane 250 is like that the spacesaver will not fit over the Brembos but fits the rear fine.

·
Premium Member
23,437 Posts
RS wont, as the boot is smaller than the ST, according to the figures posted yesterday, so either due to the rear diff or repositioned fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Has anyone tried to get a spare wheel for their RS yet?

As the brake discs are large, I expect I'll have to get a full-sized alloy wheel as a spare (space saver wouldn't fit over the caliper) but would welcome your experiences. :nice:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

As the brake discs are large, I expect I'll have to get a full-sized alloy wheel as a spare (space saver wouldn't fit over the caliper) but would welcome your experiences. :nice:
I haven't actaully tried anything but you could probably get away with a space saver still...

...but only on the rear! So if you needed to change a front there would be a little bit of extra wheel swapping to do :yep:

·
Super Moderator
1,698 Posts

I have a space saver which I bought for my mk2 (also had the caliper restriction) which should fit at the rear like with the mk2. So it would get me out of a spot by swapping a wheel from back to front and putting the spacesaver on the back.

I also used to have a full sized spare and in all honesty I never used it as it was too big to cart around.

·
Registered
753 Posts
What about a space saver and a spacer? Would that work if the spacer were wide enough say half inch? Only as an emergency get you home, tyre repair shop sort of thing though.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A space saver will only fit on the rear, I am a little concerned that unless the rolling radius is the same it may cause issues with the AWD system?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.