Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone!

After reading @Dave276 post regards groups congregating and cruising at Southend Sea front here.. http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/187241-southend-council-ban-car-cruises-from-anywhere-in-southend-borough/?hl=%2Bsouthend+%2Bcouncil+%2Bban+%2Bcar+%2Bcruises+%2Bfrom+%2Banywhere+%2Bin+%2Bsouthend+%2Bborough.

where some of us meet in the new year... I took it upon myself to email the council and ask why we will all be tarred as such with the same brush... I was really upset to think that us RS owners were not allowed to meet there and have our Breakfasts should we choose too.. I know its not often we go there but when we have been there we have always showed the respect that is expected of us all.

So with that said I got reply

Dear Tina

Thank you for your email.

While the injunction is applicable to all groups, it is specifically targeting behaviours including

Littering

Anti social behaviour

Careless or dangerous driving

Noise nuisance

Damage to the highway

We welcome responsible groups who are happy to act appropriately and be considerate to other road users and visitors, Southend is very much open as usual and happy to accommodate these events.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Cheryl

I then replied asking if we were to meet and park pay our parking and have our Breakfast as we normally do and then chat would this be satisfactory................ The reply was this!

Hi Tina

Yes that's fine, it's just the unacceptable behaviour we want to deter.

Cheryl

So as for our New Year meet we are now cleared to do so! At Southend SeaFront if we so wish too. :smile:

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I see why they're upset. At night time there it's like Pearl Harbour with all the exhausts going off. But to put an outright ban is so stupid. Why not arrest everyone upfront in case they happen to do something wrong in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I see why they're upset. At night time there it's like Pearl Harbour with all the exhausts going off. But to put an outright ban is so stupid. Why not arrest everyone upfront in case they happen to do something wrong in the future.
Its the same at Lakeside Neo.. We went for a meal in TGI's came out and they were racing up and down with spectators cheering them on from the side walk... I was embarrassed to be honest! They weren't all youngsters either.. Shame they spoil it for the responsible ones..

We dive out in the RS or ST and naturally they think we want to race! I am not interested in that my car is worth more to me than racing on the road alongside kids .

I know everyone likes to put down the right foot but there is a time and a place for it :smile:

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Couldn't agree more. I just think prat every time I see them. It's not that I care what others think that much about me because I've got a loud car, it's the danger they pose to others driving irresponsibly. That I can't tolerate. Race your car on an air field or race track you gimp. There's no law against accelerating hard but at the right time. Driving like a moron doesn't bode well for me.

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
Congratulations Tina, when you get the bit girl you go for it. :thumbsup:

We now all need a copy of it so we can ram it where the sun don't shine if anyone questions us as a group.

It reminds me of the time Jim @moto led the walkout in the fish & Chip shop due to thje way they treated my Stuart and not being able to park his wheelchair beside a table.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Congratulations Tina, when you get the bit girl you go for it. :thumbsup:

We now all need a copy of it so we can ram it where the sun don't shine if anyone questions us as a group.

It reminds me of the time Jim @moto led the walkout in the fish & Chip shop due to thje way they treated my Stuart and not being able to park his wheelchair beside a table.
^ Well done Jim :bow:.

Sounds like shameful behaviour towards Stuart. Very poor :nope:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.