Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our Essex first meet of the year at southend may not occur in 2016 due to an injunction southend council has taken out banning more than 2 cars together from meeting up I just heard on BBC news.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/13625426.Car_cruisers_banned_from_Southend_seafront_by_the_courts/

Snip of above article.

Car cruisers will be banned from Southend after the courts granted an injuction against them.

Southend Council has managed to secure the injuction, which will allow officials to legally take action against cruisers coming to the seafront.

The injunction obtained from the High Court forbids any car-cruise events from happening anywhere in the Borough until September 2016.

However, the authority admits it is still working with Essex Police to draw up plans on how to enforce the injunction.

It followed the furore after a static car meet up earlier this month, that saw hundreds of vehicle enthusiasts descend on Western Esplande.

However, a small number of them were doing burnouts and driving recklesssly during the event.

Independent Martin Terry, who is responsible for transport at the authority, said: Im very pleased that we have successfully obtained this order, which will enable us to take tough action against any groups who comes to our town with the intention of driving recklessly.

Anyone who organises such an event now does so at their own peril and we will not be shy in bringing the full force of the law to bear.

"At the same time Im kindly asking the public to be vigilant and report any incidents to the police if you see them occurring"

·
Registered
983 Posts
As usual local authority tarring everybody with the same brush. seems your no longer allowed to have fun in this country.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
How do they enforce it?

It's (just about it seems) still a free country, they can't stop a group of people meeting up surely. There are groups of people when there is a protest, and always some misbehaving, they never mention that they are going to ban them!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The problem was videos of burnouts and cars sitting stationery revving and producing 5foot flames out the back.

With one of my hats on i have been campaigning to organise and include the police at events and although there is a will by the minority of essex police, the majority are not interested . People need to see that 90% just want to enjoy their cars and enjoy the night.

The big problem is banning from the towns the large static meets, you end up with lots of smaller groups now bored and on the public highway

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
The blame lies squarely with a stupid minority who spoil things for all.

I remember a vid a while back of someone revving their car to death at some cruise (or is it cruze). Quite literally, in that it caught fire. I don't think was Southend but I'm sure there have been idiots attending there and causing havoc on occasion.

·
Registered
445 Posts
This is so wrong and I'd love to see how they enforce it, and then it stand up in a court of law. All they need to do is have a police presence at the event, and catch the ones being :censored: , and penalise them only. I'm not doubting that this happens at these events, because organisers can't control everyone who turns up, but to blanket ban events is silly.
They don't ban Glastonbury and other music festivals because there are some drug dealers do they... Explain to me what the difference is.

·
Registered
210 Posts
so what if a few families meet up and travel to the beech together? Is that considered a cruise as it is more than 2 cars?

@Posidrive same here mate. I was always down the front Friday and Saturday nights in my mates car before i could drive, watching all the cars going round in loops of the front. And then off to Doodah's for a burger....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.