Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are there any details on a sound symposer on the new RS?

The Mk2 ST/RS sounds symposer was excellent but the Mk3 ST has been a bit of a disappointment. The pre-facelift version was awful and was subsequently scrapped for a system which plays an artificial engine noise through the audio system. The 2.3 Mustang also uses the speakers so will be interesting to see what system (if any) the new RS has.

I'm hoping there is no sound symposer at all...what's everyone's thoughts?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Not sure where you got the information from, EcoBoost mustang does not play artificial noise through the speakers.

Facelift ST runs the same system as the PFL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure where you got the information from, EcoBoost mustang does not play artificial noise through the speakers.
Facelift ST runs the same system as the PFL.
The 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang does play artificial engine noise through the speakers. As does the Mk3 Focus ST facelift.

The Mk2 Focus ST sound symposer was the same mechanical system in both PFL and FL. But as I said in my original post - the Mk3 Focus ST uses a different system for FL compared to PFL.

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
I took my MK2 symposer off as it was split but missed it so replaced it again. Lets hope the MK3 engine noise is good enough not to be artificially enhanced.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think the RS comes sans symposer. It makes its noise the good old fashion way, through the exhaust but there is a butterfly valve in there that you can adjust to be louder when you want it to be

1 - 7 of 7 Posts