Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My 2009 RS came with a sony radio that i thought was original (same as photo). However I noticed that all lux 1's that I've been seeing have DAB radio 6cd and mine doesn't say that on the front. Has it been replaced?

Car Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,563 Posts
Hello!

My 2009 RS came with a sony radio that i thought was original (same as photo). However I noticed that all lux 1's that I've been seeing have DAB radio 6cd and mine doesn't say that on the front. Has it been replaced?

View attachment 855035
In the UK the LUX1 definitely all had the DAB with 6 Disc CD changer. So there is a possibility it had been changed.

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
Have you been cleaning it with a brillo pad G?! :eek: 😂
Looks terrible dont it 😲 that's the least of my worries G when I opened it to take the pic I couldn't turn the alarm off had to open it with the key as usual because it's gone into hibernation mode, had to disconnect the car batt to stop the alarm , but its saying key not detected even tho I'm sure the battery isnt that old ,tried the battery out of my sons keys that I know works but still saying key not detected, I'll go and get a new battery for the key in a bit and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
Looks terrible dont it 😲 that's the least of my worries G when I opened it to take the pic I couldn't turn the alarm off had to open it with the key as usual because it's gone into hibernation mode, had to disconnect the car batt to stop the alarm , but its saying key not detected even tho I'm sure the battery isnt that old ,tried the battery out of my sons keys that I know works but still saying key not detected, I'll go and get a new battery for the key in a bit and see what happens.
Hmm, did you leave the main battery disconnected for 5 or 10mins? It may reset the system & work fine after.

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
Hello!

View attachment 855035
I assume you're in Portugal?

Could be the original unit, certain european countries did get different specs compared to the UK.

DAB, 6 disc was standard here, but off the top of my head, certain countries could be specced with the solar reflect windscreen that the UK didn't get (although you could with the ST) interior alarm sensors were not on all European spec cars but standard on UK cars.

You would need an original brochure from the source country to check on specs.

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
Hmm, did you leave the main battery disconnected for 5 or 10mins? It may reset the system & work fine after.
😂😂 changed the battery in the fob months ago but didn't check it at the time , it was upside down 😂😂 even tried another battery but put that in upside down as well , what a ******** 😂 sorted now .

·
Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,563 Posts
I assume you're in Portugal?

Could be the original unit, certain european countries did get different specs compared to the UK.

DAB, 6 disc was standard here, but off the top of my head, certain countries could be specced with the solar reflect windscreen that the UK didn't get (although you could with the ST) interior alarm sensors were not on all European spec cars but standard on UK cars.

You would need an original brochure from the source country to check on specs.
OMG I remember there was so much furore here about the solar reflect screen when people were buying them new. These screens were the buzz around 2005 up until around 2012. The most people did not bother with them as it was giving poor signal for sat nav, phone signals etc.
The only thing I liked about them was that bluish purple look.

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
OMG I remember there was so much furore here about the solar reflect screen when people were buying them new. These screens were the buzz around 2005 up until around 2012. The most people did not bother with them as it was giving poor signal for sat nav, phone signals etc.
The only thing I liked about them was that bluish purple look.
Tbh, that's what I like about them! 😁

1 - 12 of 12 Posts