Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought another :rs: didnt I :facepalm:

The Edition is a show car to me TBH....so it was going no where - very lucky to have got one in the 1st place after my I sold my MK3 White RS

I had the itch and for the right price this came up.....

I do luv the sound :bow: but in the wet :laughing:

still loving it so far - and its clean so little project to get it up to my spec and standards.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only way I can justify it in my world :cry: - If I work x2 or x3 overtimes per month it will pay for the loan :)

already ordered a new gear knob insert as the chrome bit has come off/away and its rough and catching my hand.

Also not sure about the carbon bits on the wheel

can anyone tell me are they over the originals or do you have to remove the OEM silver inserts with these Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

if thats the case - how do you come across the OEM style ones :cry:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Very nice. Great to have a choice. You can get replacement trims from Ford, will have to check if i have the finis number.
They only clip in place, the bottom has a piece the back which needs to be removed first, but be careful as its easy to break the clip.

Just found three finis numbers but never checked which they refer or if indeed bottom one is with RS logo
or just plain, 1593638 - 1593639 - 1593640. It maybe one of the numbers actually covers the kit of all 4 pieces. Maybe @Tezza can assist

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Bought another :rs: didnt I :facepalm:

The Edition is a show car to me TBH....so it was going no where - very lucky to have got one in the 1st place after my I sold my MK3 White RS

I had the itch and for the right price this came up.....

I do luv the sound :bow: but in the wet :laughing:

still loving it so far - and its clean so little project to get it up to my spec and standards.
Nice one Kel :thumbsup: Did it match up to the assessment I gave you after I viewed it in Hull ?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Tony RS yes it matched perfectly.....without your input don't think I would have got it....so thank once again
I got a great deal on it and a new clutch was put on Foc
12 months warrenty
List goes on...

It does need some work to bring it up to my standards but for a car that 9+ years old it's in good shape :)

I think those carbon steering wheel inserts are just that.....
If there cheap enough from fords I will get some oem steering wheel silver inserts

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
@RS-Kel Like I said, it was far from perfect, but it has the makings of a good car with some TLC and a bit of cleaning up. For a 46k mile car and at what you paid for it, I think you did well :nice: It's not like you were paying mid to late 20's for a minter, as it stands it can be sorted into a decent car :yep:

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still looking for those steering silver :rs: wheel inserts :(

Also new gear knob insert arrived today....as the chrome has worn away on the old one....I take it they just pop out...?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, in other words you have a MK3 RS as a keeper / garage queen and bought a CHEAP runaround :rofl:

:eek:
haha something like that....

but in all serious its a good clean car and with a few touches - can be a even better car and bit like wheeler dealer - someone next will get a GREAT :rs:

Driving it I noticed the chrome was coming off the gear surround and it was annoying me as it was little sharp.

so new insert found :) and sorted.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Font

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts