Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As per the title really, my lance has all of a sudden stopped producing foam that dwells on the car and is producing something more similar to fairy liquid foam. I haven't changed the foam but have had the same bottle for some time now.

So I was looking for advice,

• could it be my lance that is knackered
  • or does snow foam go off.

Anyone have any advice

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Mine started doing something similar so i asked a mate of mine to strip it down and he found the gauze had started to clog up with limescale. Best thing would be to take apart as much as you can and soak in some kind of de-scaler.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
As above but also once you have sorted it all ways use fresh water to suck through lance after use. so it cleans soap out of Gauze.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Buy a new gauze... Cleanyourcar do them for pretty cheap. There is no point trying to clean it as it doesnt really work, trust me... Ive tried!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I will certainly look to order a new gauze as once I have it in bits I might as well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I changed the gauze in mine when it started to do this. Also best to store the snow foam in a warm place, stored mine outside in a storage bin and it went all lumpy which won't help as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to close this off.
I took all the advice cleaning the gauze and using the tape to reassemble and it worked a treat.
Got new gauze on order to keep as a spare.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.