Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, over the winter I'm a much lazier car washer, and tend to go for the WRC look. However, when I do wash, I'd like to spend the least time as possible doing it (it's cold outside).

What I'd like is a snow foam that leaves no residue. My existing stuff does, and after foaming I need to do a full wash (especially obvious on the windows). I'd love a snow foam to just work its magic, then rinse and the car be reasonably clean...

I've tried a few snow foams, but not looked at anything recently, and the market seems to move quickly....

I have found Wolfs Chemicals, and a good price too - anyone used it? http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/wolfs-chemicals-yellow-snow-pre-wash-snow-foam-5-litre.php?cPath=82

So, in short - any recommendations? I'm currently using Orchard Cotton Candy BTW...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I was thinking along these lines also, but after discussing with an experienced car detailer, snow foams are more of a pre-wash anyway and you won't get the paint protection you especially need in the winter without a conventional wash-wax or similar :sad2:

Looks like I'll be suffering the cold, and keeping a super close eye on the rear arches over the winter

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
As M4TT says, snow foam is not really designed to clean you car alone.

Without touching the car with a wash mitt your best option is to rinse thoroughly with a pressure washer.... Dont point it directly at the car, do it at least at a 45 degree angle, this stops you blasting dirt right into the paint which can cause some light swirls / marring.

Then snow foam... leave for 5-10 mins to do its thing, bearing in mind its only really designed to loosen dirt, not get rid of it completely.

Rinse the snow foam thoroughly again.

I would probably take it for a quick drive / use some sort of blower to get rid of the majority of the water otherwise you will not only have a bit of dirt on your car but loads of water spots as well!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom, that's kind of what I do at this time of year...

So, which snow foam is best at lifting the most dirt, and leaves no residue once rinsed?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
hazsafe from autosmart is good, its a tfr that does not strip off protective polishes / waxes....stepson has his own valeting business and uses it a lot...I do too!,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.