Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm sad to post that a Hawker Hunter has crashed into the A27 at Shoreham, reports have been sketchy but casualties are reported...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/22/hawker-hunter-plane-crash-shoreham-air-show-reports

So sad to see, earlier in the day a light aircraft crashed on the Isle of Wight too... Seems to be happening a bit at the moment.

Thought's with those involved and my fellow emergency services colleauges - particularly those in the Fire & Rescue service: Preventing, protecting, responding.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm stuck on the a27 in brighton! my friend just sent me a video he saw on YouTube doesn't look good guys......seems some drivers took the full impact and by the looks of it the pilot didnt eject

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm stuck on the a27 in brighton! my friend just sent me a video he saw on YouTube doesn't look good guys......seems some drivers took the full impact and by the looks of it the pilot didnt eject
:cry: :nope: Awful.

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,051 Posts
Sad news.

Must have suffered a complete loss of control to have not brought it down in a field.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Very sad news

The article says the event was created by Chris Evans.
Wasn't there another air crash at photon park recently at one of Evans events as well?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Such sad news, I think the death toll is up to 11 now including the pilot.

It didn't look like loss of control in the video, either his instrument's were not reading correctly, or he may have blacked out and mis judged the loop, you can see him come out of the loop too low.

Rip.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
On the news this morning that the pilot survived but is in critical condition at hospital.

Terrible tragedy though

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Absolutely shocking... looks like a scene out of a movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a ban on this kind of stuff soon.

I appreciate old war planes flying on display, but do they really need to be doing loop the loops etc, especially over a main road.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
How on earth did the pilot survive the impact and fire?
I think it was because the rear of the plane hit the ground first. You can see him pulling up to try recover it.

In the pictures where it is skidding across the ground it has started to slide sideways, the front and left wing still look pretty intact. Think the explosion detached the front from the rear.

The rear can be seen in pics without the front but completly burnt.

Looks like he got very very lucky, although im sure he will have some explaining to do very soon!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts