Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks.

The :rs: has been fettled today, new alloy on following my little scuffle with a kerb (and the kerb won :facepalm: ).

Cleaned, waxed with Dodo Juice supernatural. Wheels off and cleaned and waxed using Jetseal 109.... interior cleaned out and fettled.

As my car is a garage queen, she is now all tucked up in the garage and covered over in her lovely nice fleece lined cover with the battery disconnected and tyres over inflated to prevent flat spots.

That it until she sees the light of day in Spring next year and she's SORN'd along with the motorbikes.

One thing I will recommend is the clear protective film from Paintshield in Peterborough. I inspected the film and there are one or two marks on this film caused by stones. I am absolutely positive that had I not had this done that the marks would have resulted in stone chips.

As a sacrificial layer that self heals its money well spent.

I had the whole car done when bought and Bry RS went with me to have it done. Apart from the car being wrapped in bubble wrap (I bet the car drivers thought it was a secret production car :laughing: for the journey down its been worth every penny.

Im in the X Type Jag now over the winter.

New car coming soon..............................I will keep you all posted..................... :nice:

:smile:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wont believe it Clive.

8,764 miles

:laughing:

im gutted................................ :laughing:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Ive been fortunate guys that on retiring in July this year and prior to this I had use of the company lease car.

I know its not a lot but ive done more miles in three months than I did in total last year....................... :laughing:

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Nice one Mick :nice: I've got visions of a FW RS cruising along the motorway covered with bubblewrap and gaffer tape flapping around in the breeze now! :laughing: :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice one Mick :nice: I've got visions of a FW RS cruising along the motorway covered with bubblewrap and gaffer tape flapping around in the breeze now! :laughing: :facepalm:
Youre exactly right Pete............................ :rofl: :rofl:

That's how it was mate. Only the windscreen and rear screen were uncovered mate :rofl: , everything else was bubble wrapped.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
Mines been sorn for the last 2 months but I've just taxed it today as the weather up here is better than it was in the summer

We should have been twins mate my daily is an X type to :laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.