Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's happened to all the garages in and around Aberdeen?
My nearest is Keith and it's now a Gulf station, the one at Aberdeen airport is also a Gulf and the Propellar garage as you come into Aberdeen is closed and being refurbished, presumably for being a Gulf station as well.
Very disappointing!
I am going to try and write to shell to complain and see what they are saying

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hi buddy, I've been some what in loop with shell for the past 12 years in dealing with fuel and there logistics.

Last year it was decided that they would close 186 contracts with fourcourt owners over the UK to boost there revenue in investment into research and development at the UK research centre..

They also felt that some of these sites were not keeping to there standard and was not fulfilling the sales needed in a short period of time to cover over head costs. They have sold 150 + contract to as you said gulf and other fuel providers and around 70 sites for sale to recover all of the money they needed to reign in a closer more compact group of fuel stations to provide a better all around service.

With shell, there delivery schedules are on a 48 hours time slot where as most other companies allow for a 24 hour time slot like Texaco for delivering fuel.

Over the next 6 months they will be moving to 24 hours to provide the current fuel sites a better service instead of those stations running out of fuel.

In there words it's a cost reduction strategy.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shell filling station local to me at Sandiway close to Oulton Park has been closed for a while now,undergoing a complete refurb, something to consider if you are planning a track day at Oulton, alternatives Total at Weaverham, Shell at Over (Winsford ) B.P at Davenham.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
No shortage of Shell sites in West Cornwall. When I worked in the motor trade I seem to remember that it was gallonage that dictated a petrol station's future. Below 1,000,000 gallons per year was not really that profitable.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the answer there TJ.
Still think it is a bit **** that we have very little options in the north east for higher octane fuel.
My only option now is Tesco Momentum 18 miles away or a BP that is alway highly overpriced compared to others which is 25 mile away.
Quite a number of performance vehicles around here as well which are in the same boat now 😩

·
Registered
524 Posts
Most of the fuel being diverted from st Fergus and Grangemouth is aviation fuel to the airport..

Also doesn't help that shell laid off 250 jobs in Scotland at there oil terminal, which is co owned with total

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
It is very worrying times for getting V-power in and around Aberdeen.

One of the Shell petrol stations in Altens is also being "refurbished".

So we could be left with......

Beach Esplanade/Bridge of Don road

Top of the hill at Altens

and that's it?? :blink:

·
Registered
213 Posts
It is very worrying times for getting V-power in and around Aberdeen.

One of the Shell petrol stations in Altens is also being "refurbished".

So we could be left with......

Beach Esplanade/Bridge of Don road
Top of the hill at Altens

and that's it?? :blink:
Lang Stracht, that's where I've been going until the propeller opens hopefuly as shell again??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.