Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the first 3 services will cost?

I want to see if the service plan will be worth paying out for in advance.

I am assuming diff oils will need to be changed probably on the third or forth service.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
No body knows, as details a still scares.
But knowing usual cost of running perfomance cars with a rear diff/transfer box , looking at Fords 3 year service pack at 570£, i would surely able to save at least 15-20 percent over each individual service.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
^^ Those prices do include more than just the services though:

Ford Protect Premium Plan
You can also upgrade to a Ford Protect Premium Plan giving you the option of scheduled services and extended Ford Assistance.
Features:
Schedule Servicing; covers scheduled servicing recommended by Ford, including associated parts and labour, for the number of services applicable to your plan; replacement brakefluid (every other year); bodywork and paint check (annually); air conditioning check only) and convenience checks
Extended Ford Assistance; roadside assistance in the UK and throughout Europe Vehicle Hire; up to £30 per day for up to 7 days
Ford Project Premium Plans can be purchased any time before the first service.
Vehicle Hire; up to £30 per day for up to 7 days
Notes and Conditions
The length of your plan (and number of services on Premium Plans) applies from your new vehicle warranty commencement date, usually the date of first registration
Time and mileage limits apply to all Ford Protect Plans
It is a condition of Ford Protect Premium Plans that your vehicle is serviced by an Authorised Ford Repairer according to the schedules in your Ford Service Portfolio
In addition your Ford Service History Log must be kept up-to-date
These Ford Protect Plans are transferable so it is an added benefit to the new owner if your decide to sell your vehicle
Prices were correct at time of printing and include VAT at 20%
Ask your Ford Dealer for full details of the Ford Protect Extended Warranty or Premium Plans and their associated Terms and Conditions or alternatively call Ford Protect on 0870 241 6726 or visit
www.ford.co.uk

2 Years 2 services £340.00
3 Years 3 services £570.00

·
Registered
176 Posts
On our Mk2 at local Ford main dealers I couldn't get the three services done for less than £570 in total.

The third service alone was £375, a couple of them wanted nearly £500. I know others have done a lot better but for known cost and breakdown cover I'll take an average annual service cost of £190.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My understanding of European rules is that for a while now you've been able to service your car at a place of your choosing and still retain your warranty. As long as they use OEM parts is the only caveat
That is correct . Iirc if you can supply documentation ie receipt invoice that genuine ford parts were used incl recommended oil by manufacturer etc then warranty must be upheld .

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its all very well using someone else but if it is a massive job and they want to get out of doing the repair I am sure they could find something to void the warranty.

Not saying they would, but if a Ford dealer is used then there are no issues.

I never realised the service package could be brought upto the first service due date, makes it more of a option.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Going by some internet prices this service pack is a good price

Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

Just look at the 3rd service price for the RS alone....

If I get one l'd go with 3 year sevice plan and 2 year extended warranty ( 5 year total ) just for the sake of it...

But I will wait till service schedules are out to see what it actually needs and when, as I just looked at the Mustang and it doesn't get spark plugs until its 10th year / 100,000 mile service, Air filter every 3 years / 30,000 miles, pollen every 2 years, oil + filter... Gearbox oil every 15 years / 150,000 miles.........

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts