Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all the know the significance of this date. Please just take a moment to remember all those that lost their lives on that awful morning 14 years ago today.

Building Daytime Skyscraper Sky Water

For me this picture sums up the bravery and sheer horror of what the firemen were facing that day. True hereos all of them.

Sky Skyscraper Building World Hat

Please can I ask, no conspiricy theories, political debates or whos fault it was. Please open another topic for that. Here is just a simple memorial topic for today. Thankyou.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I watched the film last night with Nicholas cage acting Sargent. Only a small insight to it all but very emotional watching it.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I was presenting at an airline conference on that day - it ended very suddenly, but most attendees managed to get away before the skies were closed. We had attendees from most international airlines, including American and United.

Still an emotional time for me, and something I'll never forget. In 2006 I visited ground zero - was quite a haunting experience to be honest. Was just a big hole at that time. I think what they have done in the area is now very special and fitting. Hope to return again in the not too distant future.

Many, many heroes were made that day. RIP.

·
Registered
750 Posts
A sad day indeed. One that should never be forgotten......

but

remember all those who have died from terrorist attacks elsewhere, this was a big one for sure, and the first as such on US soil hence made major headlines, there have been other appalling attacks in other countries as well.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Rip to the 2,996 Americans who died in 9/11

Rip to the 1,455,590 innocent Iraqis who died during the U.S. Invasion for something they didn't do...

P.s not trying to start an argument.

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
I remember seeing it happen live on television, we just couldn't believe what we were seeing. Tragic train of events and such a loss of lives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts