Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tbh I've not heard it from the outside but from the inside it drones and is pretty loud but it doesn't bother me as I don't have kids. Not sure if it would be my choice of exhaust if I had young kids sitting in the back daily.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Oh it's not a daily
It's a weekend toy

But if I'm out with them and the lady I do t won't a drone but at the same time I won't a bit more grrrr and pop ..

I was looking at a 59 plus putting my sports cat in..

Hmmm

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Personally if you want attention from the neighbours and plod go for as loud as you can but I can sympathise with neighbours.
Reason being is I'm been accused of having a loud exhaust by neighbours who are not directly close to me mine is standard and that's enough noise on cold start up
Problem is there seems to be a lot more focus ST cars by me that are made to 'look' like an RS and these go up and down the main road at speed purposely with tuned engines and exhausts specifically making them pop and bang and its me getting the complaints!!!!

There are a few subarus as well and they are just as bad.

It's just a matter of time the rozzers come knocking on the door or I get stopped and get a warning

Yeah they sound good but there's a time and place to drive and make a nuisance. At least my close neighbours can back me up to prove its not me and the ST in question is hostess orange surly these neighbours must be able to spot the difference?? Unless it's the pops and bangs they hear and just assume it's me?

I'm in a good mind to go to the cop shop and get a traffic cop to check mine then get a report written to verify mine is standard in case I do get stopped

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I went from standard mongoose then to 59 then back to standard mongoose again lol...the s59 is 1 of the best sounding exhausts out there IMO...but on long journeys for me the drone was too much shame really....but saying that the standard goose is superb you get and great sound and no drone ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have section 59 and neighbours say they all know when i start the car 😂 but i love it as i hardly drive it and p.s the section sounds awesome from outside mate and if you want a bit more sound without drone id head to miltek tbh

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.