Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states was just wondering if one is needed.
As I attended my first national day this year I pulled up to park with the other mk2 RS from my region there were a few already parked up room was a little limited but with a bit of shuffling of cars some more could have fitted in the area.
There was a few people stood in a circle in front of there cars so I pulled up and said hello and asked where would be best to park, I was completely blanked so I drove to the end of the fence where another newbie was parked he said he also had been ignored.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Was it on the FRSOC stand ? as ive been to a few shows now and I have never had any feed back like that. Everyone talks to each other and are happy to help. It was my first ever Ford Fair this year and the atmosphere was amazing.

Are you going to Ford Fest this coming September the 13th as I will try and get you a place smack bang in the middle of the stand ;-)

@RS Tina can you sort him out if hes going.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've been to a few meets now, didn't know anyone on my first one but everyone was very welcoming and very helpful with great banter,
It's one of the many things I like about FRSOC ;)

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
I am really sorry to see this thread on here.

I joined this club in January 2010 having picked up my RS on Christmas Eve 2009. Since that time, I have met so many great people many of whom had known each other for years from owning Focus STs; to newer members that joined after me.

I made a point of introducing myself to nearly everyone that drove on to our stand at Ford Fair this year and that either Rich or I helped to park up - I remember my first Ford Fair and how nervous I was. Now I'm just nervous in case @Gareth350 tries to mow me down :lol:

Sometimes the anonymity of the internet makes it more difficult to think you're meeting decent people - and to be fair, we have had our share of stange ones on here who have moved on - but it would be fair to say that is NOT a normal experience related to this club.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It was on the rsoc regional parking so not sure if they are also members on here.

There was 4 of us in the car at the time myself another adult and two under 16s.

Didn't feel awkward just thought it to be rather rude not to get a reply even a two fingered one would have done lol.

The only person who I think I have met from on here is rsslim and I did his auto locking for him he put a post up asking if anyone could do it for him so I helped him out.
Was it on the FRSOC stand ? as ive been to a few shows now and I have never had any feed back like that. Everyone talks to each other and are happy to help. It was my first ever Ford Fair this year and the atmosphere was amazing.

Are you going to Ford Fest this coming September the 13th as I will try and get you a place smack bang in the middle of the stand ;-)

@RS Tina can you sort him out if hes going.
Is that the one at santa pod?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went to my first ford fair this year :) and after finally finding where the stand was i spoke to a couple of lads and they were happy to answer any questions i had ! even got to listen to the ridiculous sound of a thunderstorm !! but yeah i felt people were nice enough! only person i caught at the wrong time was yarde while he was trying to pull his headlight out to retrieve his towin eye cover haha! :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I never had that at all.
But it takes two to tango and newbies have to make an effort as well. I did. Just wandered over and introduced myself. Asked some questions and now feel at home. I must be as I'm regularly teased.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never had that at all.
But it takes two to tango and newbies have to make an effort as well. I did. Just wandered over and introduced myself. Asked some questions and now feel at home. I must be as I'm regularly teased.....
Pulled alongside the group said hello and asked if anyone knew the arrangements as to how the cars would like to be parked just got blanked.

Was at the rsoc national day at Donnington

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
It was on the rsoc regional parking so not sure if they are also members on here.
There was 4 of us in the car at the time myself another adult and two under 16s.
Didn't feel awkward just thought it to be rather rude not to get a reply even a two fingered one would have done lol.
The only person who I think I have met from on here is rsslim and I did his auto locking for him he put a post up asking if anyone could do it for him so I helped him out.
Is that the one at santa pod?
Yes thats the one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I tend to keep myself to myself when I'm around people I don't know. Went to my first RS meet off this forum in the South West recently, two other couples were already there, but I got out and was instantly introduced and made to feel included. I was even loaned an umbrella when it chucked it down with rain! So I'd also like to add to those saying that wouldn't be the norm for people on here!

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
I am really sorry to see this thread on here.

I made a point of introducing myself to nearly everyone that drove on to our stand at Ford Fair this year and that either Rich or I helped to park up - I remember my first Ford Fair and how nervous I was. Now I'm just nervous in case @Gareth350 tries to mow me down :lol:
Derek - you did indeed introduce yourself to me both in 2014 and this year as I arrived to park up on the Club's stand. A polite gesture that costs nothing yet imparts a warm and friendly welcome. Good for you :excl: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tend to keep myself to myself when I'm around people I don't know. Went to my first RS meet off this forum in the South West recently, two other couples were already there, but I got out and was instantly introduced and made to feel included. I was even loaned an umbrella when it chucked it down with rain! So I'd also like to add to those saying that wouldn't be the norm for people on here!
Strainge wounder if it's the members of the rsoc then?
I found it strange as us Yorkshire folk tend to talk to anyone lol.

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
I am a non active member of RSOC and when I turned up on spec at a local motor show they insisted that my car was parked in line with the rest of the RS's. Couldn't have been more helpful and didn't even charge me the entrance fee.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.