Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming that the Mk3 will have a similar option bucket seat as the Mk2.

Never sat in a Mk2 seat so what are people's opinions about how comfy they are for long journeys of say 4 - 5 hours?

Couldn't care less myself but I need to think about the earache I will get from she who must be obeyed if I get a seat that displeases her :laughing:

She loved the seats in the Mk2 St but slags them off in the Mk3 ST as she says they're not as comfy.

it's hard to know what to do for the best as I'll have to spec them never having seen or sat in anything similar. I really want them myself but you know how it is :whistle:

I could always just say they're the standard seat :smile:

·
Registered
957 Posts
i have sat in MK2 RS seat's and have to they are nice and firm. I have never sat in MK3 St seat's they look more comfortable though but look's can be decieving.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had a Volvo v40 on Monday as a loaner, 20 miles and my back is ****** and I have been struggling all week. I removed the lumbar support and it improved.

Having not had cars but people carriers and 4*4s for the last 11 years I hope the seats are better than these.

It was good though to see what cars handle like again though.

However my 13 yr old daughter also .complained about the seats after 20 miles. Hope they don't take them from Volvo

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Some love CS buckets , some hate them on long journeys.
In my opinion , they are in top 3 seats I've sat in. (Just a shame they wore quickly).
Had a journey to Germany without any back pain, so would say passed a test.
Like St seats too, but not as much , CS just seems to fit me like a glove.

With regards to mk3 seats , they are the same CS found Mk2 Rs, Megane Rs, Lotus exige
I did manage to seat in them at Sandicliffe and they seems to have slightly more bolstering vs the ones in Mk2,
But then again, it's was not an official production model, which we know would be revealed at Frankfurt, so things might change. (But I hope they stay the same )

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
In my opinion , they are in top 3 seats I've sat in. (Just a shame they wore quickly).

With regards to mk3 seats , they are the same CS found Mk2 Rs, Megane Rs, Lotus exige
I did manage to seat in them, and they seems to have slightly more bolstering vs the one on Mk2, then again, it's not an official model, which we know would be revealed at Frankfurt.
To be honest there are some subtle changes from what I saw at the ford store opening in guildford, they do appear to be wider at the back. Bottom section also seems shallower.

IMHO the Cs's have been great in mine and I use daily, great on long journeys, you just have to nail the getting in and out procedure otherwise they get ruined.

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
It also depends what shape you are to how comfy they are, i'm 6ft 3 & find them very comfortable but after 500 miles in one day, i was glad to get out of them! Another owner on the same trip, who is rather shorter was fine after the journey.

Also depends on what the suspension will be like.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
To be honest there are some subtle changes from what I saw at the ford store opening in guildford, they do appear to be wider at the back. Bottom section also seems shallower.
IMHO the Cs's have been great in mine and I use daily, great on long journeys, you just have to nail the getting in and out procedure otherwise they get ruined.
So it was not just mine imagination, good to know :lol:
They are superb indeed, and evolution, rather then revolution of them seems to be step in the right direction.
Fingers crossed they would keep them as they on show car. (Except for white trim :facepalm:)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts

I did manage to seat in them at Sandicliffe and they seems to have slightly more bolstering vs the ones in Mk2,
But then again, it's was not an official production model, which we know would be revealed at Frankfurt, so things might change. (But I hope they stay the same )
Exactly what I thought when I sat in the Sandicliffe RS - held you a bit more than the Mk2 CS.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
So it was not just mine imagination, good to know :lol:
They are superb indeed, and evolution, rather then revolution of them seems to be step in the right direction.
Fingers crossed they would keep them as they on show car. (Except for white trim :facepalm:)
Car that was shown at the ford store opening was a Black Euro pre production and had black trim, in one of the very early vids (EVO reveal) they said there was some colour options.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Question is, same seats in Mk3 = new supply and cheaper spares for Mk2? I really would like some replacement bits...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.