Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused about seat options - there is a std seat and then a recaro option: Does any one have photos of both to get a clear view of what they are like?

The ford configurator doesn't have a pic of the std seat, and it looks to me that the recaro option is similar (?) to the MK2 (half)leather upgrade option. Can anyone confirm?

I think the photos of the NB from Frankfurt show the recaros???

Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
The configurator does show the seat options: standard (as per St with RS branding) a blue insert version (if you go for Nitrous body colour) and the CS cost option.

·
Registered
423 Posts
seat picture on configurator, I zoomed in and the blue bolsters do look like they are leather hopefully, and are they heated and adjustable !!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers -

when I looked the 'std' option (default tick) had no photo, but I've just checked the std (blue) and there is a photo.

They look a bit chunky compared to the recaros.

Anyone had/ sat in these new ST seats and also the MK2 recaros who could give a comparison?

I think I've read in other posts that the recaros may not have much in the way of adjustment / heated seats etc: I guess that's reasonable.

I'm sure the upgrade on my MK2 to partial leather was only £440 so this option seems quite pricey at £1145

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
More specs? What else could we see?
Tyre options and that sort of stuff?
Apart from tyres and wheel colour for Oem,no , meant Details about the spec , pics etc.
However, not sure about cupt tyres either, all very sketchy and confusing.
I would not be surprised if they canceled that option , like they did Sync 3 for UK

Standard seats now showing on the configurator. Look like the ST Seats.

Does anyone know if the Shell seats are heated, and manually adjustable?
Still waiting about this info from Ford.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
its not the height its the width
its not the height its the width
That's why I said , everyone is different :lol:
All I can say, other big gentlemen , prefer buckets to standard seats, as you seat in them, unlike standard, where side bolsters seems to be quite restrictive.
What about girlies who are 5'0 ?
Can see me having to run down to Halfords to get her some booster cushions.
Can't help you with 5ft ladies , some aftermarket adjustments may require :) but 5.4 are alright :nice:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Although not interested in a Mk3 I would consider the seat. I'm tall and found the standard Mk3 tight to get in, to the point where I had to shunt the seat all the way back and lower it also. If like the mk2 cs seats these don't lower in the mk3, I'd have serious issues getting in. Just something to consider if u r taller!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hmm I really quite like the look of these standard seats, will hopefully have an ST at the dealer for us to try the seats.

I like the blue inserts, I know not to all tastes but I think its a shame the inserts in blue is only available on Nitrous. I've always been a fan of a bit of colour inside a Hot Hatch.

1 - 20 of 328 Posts