Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anybody know what the sensors are for active city stop / auto wipers ? Seems the ST is different for some reason ,

If you chose not to have city stop would the panel , change size or is it a standard fit on the RS ?

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Car Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car

Attachments

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
My brothers 'Titanium Nav' model has the same ones as the RS in your pictures, and that has all auto things and the active city stop feature

It's just my guess but it looks to me like the ST in the pictures doesn't have any kind of auto wipers/lights or anything on it that needs sensors

... to be honest I think it looks a bit of a mess having all that on the front windscreen :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That RS probably started as a ST-3 with acitve city stop, lane keeping aid, traffic sign recognition and auto high beam etc

i believe the RS can only have active city stop and not lane keeping or sign recognition. Not sure if it still has auto high beam.

Not a fan of the MPV type wipers either. :nope:
They are good. Clear a lot more of the screen.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just asked the owner of the ST in the pick , his spec is auto lights n wipers

He also mentioned , same as Chris these RS started life as ST3's with lane keeping or sign recognition ,

Which production RS's wount have

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.