Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Okay I've got to admit that since having a kid Saturday nights are a thing of the past, but the driving is horrendous.

Last weekend I had a prat in a Rover 75 thinking he was Colin McRae, overtaking me at what seemed like over 70 mph on a 40 mph road.

Just now I dropped my wife off at her friends and I had one prat in a standard focus giving it the large behind me (I thought he was a rear passenger at one point :laughing: ), another who nearly took my side off on the road about as I was going round (I assume it was a she because is was a tigra - sexist perhaps but I've never seen a bloke in one) and two Mercs on the a10 coming down from what seemed like 100 to 40 in no time at all to avoid a speed camera.

I mean WTF is going on.

Is this Saturday night driving?

Driving standards have turned to **** over the years but literally I was shocked. I know the RS attracts morons, like a **** attracts flies, but seriously I was shocked.

What are your experiences?

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
I had a guy in an F150 pickup yelling at me yesterday morning because I didn't rag my wife's fusion into a gap he believed was big enough to get out into.

Had another car coming round the roundabout, I decided I had time to get to work, what's the rush?

Not the opinion of knob head behind me though. I am afraid I gave him the centre finger in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have to agree the RS does seem to attract them possibly more than any other performance car I've owned and they like to sit right on your bumper for some reason, that close you can't see their headlights in the rear view mirror :mad:

The standard of driving on UK roads has certainly got a great deal worse over the past few years or so, a favourite around these parts are drivers cutting lanes on roundabouts which really makes my :f: boil.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I find its not just weekends but generally 'night time driving'. Generally the standard of driving is shocking.

The RS does seem to attract the wannabe race drivers though :-(

If I have a souped up Astra, Saxo or golf gti hugging my bumper I just ignore them - sitting there smiling to myself that they would really like to be in an RS.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My issue with these muppets is that they don't hit me from behind - they get so close sometimes and even at the lights you can see them eyeing up the diffuser and exhaust - and when they overtake to prove their worth they usually do so dangerously, sometimes causing me to slow down so they don't have a head on collision with a car coming the opposite way. I don't understand them at all.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
It ain't just sat night, its sat day too, had some dpd driver in a van so far up my esc cos backside I could see the dead flies on his bonnet. Kept trying to get away from the idiot but the traffic was ****, I swear he thought I was racing him..

I was worried about him smashing into the car he was so close, I dont know what the deal is with these idiots either, try and let them pass but they don't go.. Strange.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My issue with these muppets is that they don't hit me from behind - they get so close sometimes and even at the lights you can see them eyeing up the diffuser and exhaust - and when they overtake to prove their worth they usually do so dangerously, sometimes causing me to slow down so they don't have a head on collision with a car coming the opposite way. I don't understand them at all.
Even I get it in my ST (probably not as much as you though) the amount of people who want to race you/prove a point to their 12 year old mates in the back of their car is ridiculous. Hell, I even had an RS sit up my **** yesterday flashing me going up my road, I'll try and pull the footage off my cam later and have a gander, and had an old astra with a bean can on the back sitting on my **** going onto the A5, and there's me thinking "well I can only go as fast as the car infront of me"

I think general driving standards have dropped massively, doesn't matter what day/time of day it is

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I try not to give them the attention they want. I normally pull over for them to over take. I got fed up once in traffic that I got out the car and opened me boot. The young lad looked at me and was shocked when I shouted out. "Why don't you jump in, your that ****ing close" safe to say he backed off.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I try not to give them the attention they want. I normally pull over for them to over take. I got fed up once in traffic that I got out the car and opened me boot. The young lad looked at me and was shocked when I shouted out. "Why don't you jump in, your that :censored: close" safe to say he backed off.
Lol, that's a good one, why don't you jump in :laughing: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
The tech is there to stop vehicles running into the back of others then why not make it impossible to drive too close. With regard to others on the road driving too close, I just ignor stupid antics and if necessary just pull over and let them pass.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
This is a daily issue with me!!!!! I'm not saying I'm the best of the best of drivers but I know when and where to have a bit of fun.
I always attract some sort of vehicle trying to sit on the rear bumper or too busy gawping then almost swerving into me especially on the motorways
However I've never had the rozzers taking any interest??? Did have an unmarked BMW a couple of weeks ago on the motorway came speeding out of god knows where then just sat on the rear end for miles
Saw them pointing and on the radio the whole time then they just sped up again and shot off way above the speed limit. No lights or siren ???

I'm one of those that sits at 70 or less unless it's a contra flow
I wish I'd have taken the reg number now and put in a complaint as it was really intimidating
I'm guessing they were trying to push me to speed up so they could pull me and screw me for anything???
Nice try plod but looooooosers!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.