Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
If I type in the postcode for a destination , go through to calculating route and then only a compass direction arrow appears and no route or info appears.
Tried full re-set which solved the problem the first time this issue came up and now the reset has no effect
Any ideas please

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Sorry about the wrong place, the missus did on the phone while I was driving and getting more annoyed with the sat nav, thanks for the info.

Could the mods move this to the right place please.

I haven't got an instruction book for the nav, anybody got a link to a PDF ?

Would a aerial problem cause an issue where you just get an arrow on the screen and no route, distance to go etc ?

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Sorry about the wrong place, the missus did on the phone while I was driving and getting more annoyed with the sat nav, thanks for the info.
Could the mods move this to the right place please.
I haven't got an instruction book for the nav, anybody got a link to a PDF ?
Would a aerial problem cause an issue where you just get an arrow on the screen and no route, distance to go etc ?
Sat Nav manual in this thread as a zip file.
http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/16509-ford-blaupunkt-sat-nav-manual/

Check the link Clive posted for typical Symptoms, lots of good advice in that thread too including links to replacement units, which are getting scarce these days.

There is also a ford replacement unit, should be in the post

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Been out today and still playing up, no as bad as yesterday though. Checked sat signal, 6 outside the house but when away getting 11-12, so I'm guessing the gps receiver is fine.

Would taking the nav cd out and giving it a clean help ?, if so how do you eject it, know where it is, under the lower cover but how do you get it out ?

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
Steve can you pop a photo up of what is occurring?
If needs be wait until you are out somewhere rather than on driveway.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will try to do that tomorrow and put a pic up, what I am getting is...a long time to calculate a route, a egg timer in the display between the Rev and speedo, never had that before and when it does sort a route out all there is is a small arrow in the same display that roughly points to the destination. On the sat nav screen the distance to go anytime box comes up but no info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.