Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably knew the day was coming soon but unexpectedly, today I had to take my 14 year old Whippet to the vets and she didn't come home with us.

All happened so quick - got home from work and she wasn't at the door waiting - she was unable to walk properly and got worse and worse - we took her to the vets and he said she was in pain and very distressed. Either a brain or spinal issue or combination of both probably :-(

She went to sleep very peacefully but my god how empty the house seems already. She was a wonderful dog and we will miss her tremendously. Is such a loss to our family.....

·
Registered
693 Posts
heart goes out too you matt,they really are man's best friend.....sounds like she had a good life and at least no long drawn out illness

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Gutted for you mate. Lost one of my dogs earlier this week and the pain Im feeling is immense.

Try to keep your chin up.

John

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Sorry to read this.. So sad when you have to make that awful decision ............... Broke my heart when I had to make it for my Rottie :sad:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sorry to read this, but you can take comfort in the fact you did what was best for your dog, just try and remember all the good times you shared over the years, all the best Chris.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for the kind words. We feel comfortable that we made the right decision for 'Bonnie' and she is no longer suffering - just now a very empty house and keep expecting her to be around. As said earlier pets are such a part of your family and so sad when they pass away.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Matt, my Bengal Tiger cats were put to rest 1 a few weeks ago both with cancer..

Always a heart renching moment realising your not returning to a full house

1 - 18 of 18 Posts