Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
It is just a matter of being sensible for the first 500 miles or so, not just for the engine and gearbox, but also for the tyres and brakes.

Oh btw, I did learn today that there are no limits to launch control starts for warranty

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I always follow manual recommendation and take sensible approach with every new vehicle , slowly increasing the load up to 1k miles. Then have an oil change and of we go :thumbsup:
Oh btw, I did learn today that there are no limits to launch control starts for warranty
@Gareth350 is going to be quite confused and surprised about this news :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
As soon as you get the keys I would drive over the salesman foot after you have selected launch control of course then drift round the petrol forecourt twice and hit maximum revs as you fly up the road. If that doesn't appeal then take it easy for the first 100 miles and slowly increase the rev limit for at least 500 miles then give it the beans but only in small doses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would always run a car in if it was recommended or not at least for 1k miles, Nothing can be as bad as my old mans evo viii when he got it was something ridiculous like 5k miles and a service if my memory serves me correctly! ( I was only 11 at the time)

I'm sure all of us will be taking unnecessary trips to the shop for the 'milk' which has ran out for the 5th time this week :rofl:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Joking aside... i think i would launch it out of the dealership then drift around the roundabout outside.

Roughly translated to... crash into the nearest lampost. :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Launch control off forecourt, just picturing it ..... :)
im not even joking, mine might get this....im not a huge believer in cars needing run in when they are mass produced like this, they are all slightly run in at the factory if what i read on the internet is true.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.