Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Does anybody take any notice of an RS3?

Has the charisma of a donkey turd

It simply fits into the VW line up in between a polo and a golf !!!!!!

Reps selling photo copiers will love it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Lets put a 4wd car up against a 2wd car and see how they do from a standing start - what a pointless video!
Agree. In contempary tests back at launch the Mk2 did rather well against AWD cars and won most of the tests. 0-62 has always been a pointless test in the real world and sorry to say, only of interest to buffoons!
Why not put a AWD car in wet conditions on a track against a 2wd equivalent and surprise ourselves how poorly the AWD performs.
I think handling and in gear times are most relevant .

But as a buffoon, I will say, my Mr375 should do 5 seconds to sixty but did in fact manage a 4.89 and the R type I drove the other day was 5.7 advertised but did a 5.4. Both fwd of course. That's with a buffoon at the wheel. How fast do we need to go?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
On the track, my mk2 Used to eat Stage 1 Rs3 for breakfast with MR375+ few years ago, they are very heavy and notoriously understeery.
4wd will always have advantage in wet/dump conditions around slow, sharp corners and off the line for obvious reasons, however once cars start rolling, it was very different proposition.
Mk2 was absolute animal on autobahn up to 155, punching well
Above its weight.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
ame="2011-RS" post="3126521" timestamp="1440114343"]
EVER SEEN A HORSE RUN THE GRAND NATIONAL ON JUST ITS BACK LEGS.
If the RS had AWD drive in the video, would it be the same race.
Ha ha, a daft analogy but I love daft analogies....so..... An Ostrich is faster than a horse and that has two legs, I imagine a Kangeroo might be as well and that doesn't even run properly. In an open field it's easier to catch a horse than a chicken....

A boxer is more powerful than a a 1500 metre runner but still would lose a race each time. So we can make tests where an RS beats an Aston Martin if we want or make a test where a lada beats an RS . The all terrain ability of a goat beats the best AWD off-roader...and it is fully trimmed in leather......externally and has twin horns as standard........

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
To me and hey it's just my opinion

Seems we may see a lot more of these vids because of the need ,in some ones eyes ,a sort of justified reason to own an AWD car

The rwd boys hated the fwd boys
The 4x4 guys hated everybody

So here we are again

now its the awd guys in different models not even ford
Omg who cares

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I'm sure the Audi is a capable car. And if I wanted a car that looked the same as every other Audi A3 with the exception of some minor cosmetic differences and more power, I'm sure it would be in the list of cars I'd consider. But I find it boring. Very boring.

And what's the point of comparing it vs a mk2 which has a different spec and less power?

If that's the approach then run it up against an MR375 and let's see what it's like from a rolling start. It wouldn't even touch an MR420F but in the interests of keeping things fairly even, despite the Audi having AWD, I mentioned the MR375.

·
Registered
671 Posts
To me and hey it's just my opinion

Seems we may see a lot more of these vids because of the need ,in some ones eyes ,a sort of justified reason to own an AWD car

The rwd boys hated the fwd boys
The 4x4 guys hated everybody

So here we are again

now its the awd guys in different models not even ford
Omg who cares
I 100% agree. I have seen multiple comments made by people who don't even own an RS anymore slagging it off.. almost trying to justify to themselves that they were right to get rid of it. Quite sad really because it's not what this forum used to be about when I joined it.

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
Lets face it these sort of tests have too many variables. What tyres did the RS have, how worn were they, what type of fuel was it using etc.,

For me in this world of big brother what's the point, I will go with looks every time assuming that all performance cars in a particular bracket are pretty equal.

Deviation. I remember my father who incidentally never took a driving test, not required, said that when he first drove he used to wave if he saw another car. He also mentioned that A-A patrol men had to salute every time they saw a member, try doing that now.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You boys are very touchy today!!!!

Why are ford making the new RS AWD? To make it worse!!!!

I'm not sure if this link will work, but it's a similar test to the one above. Only this time a Gtr vs Focus RS, I found it fairly interesting.
4wd isn't everything, and I'd rather catch a bus than be seen in a Scooby :)
As for rather catch a bus than be seen in a Scooby

I would rather holiday in Suffolk than Norfolk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts