Focus RS Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1394 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
appologies for my ignorance guys but how do I find out the number of my mk2 rs, always wondered what this is

Thanks
From what I read, they`re not the genuine numbers. They`re just issued in order as requested. Someone on here said individual cars weren`t numbered by Ford...that`s why I never bothered plus the rip off charge.

·
Premium Member
23,820 Posts
From what I read, they`re not the genuine numbers. They`re just issued in order as requested. Someone on here said individual cars weren`t numbered by Ford...that`s why I never bothered plus the rip off charge.
They're not just randomly issued, he has production numbers from when built & applied the corresponding build number to it, so yes, not official but out of all the one's people have got, he hasn't got any mixed up with dates of production etc, so it is a good indication of what number build your car was. :yep:

Also, when he started, many of us (me included) got this number free, until he realised he can make money out of it! :bleh:

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,258 Posts
They're not just randomly issued, he has production numbers from when built & applied the corresponding build number to it, so yes, not official but out of all the one's people have got, he hasn't got any mixed up with dates of production etc, so it is a good indication of what number build your car was. :yep:

Also, when he started, many of us (me included) got this number free, until he realised he can make money out of it! :bleh:
You can calculate the range for numbers form the production volumes, but not the order in which the cars were built on any given day.

I wrote a spreadsheet to do it, all you have to do then is not issue the same number twice.

·
Premium Member
23,820 Posts
You can calculate the range for numbers form the production volumes, but not the order in which the cars were built on any given day.

I wrote a spreadsheet to do it, all you have to do then is not issue the same number twice.
True but he also tells you what date the car came off the production line from the vin number, as far as i know, nobody has had any incorrect info regarding this.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
3,380 Posts
Are you sure it's 35 euros for him to supply you just the number? Is there not a mis-understanding? As that sounds like the price including the plaque to me.

With banter intended :lol: £30 is not a lot of money to spend on a twenty plus grand car, don't be so tight :lol:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Are you sure it's 35 euros for him to supply you just the number? Is there not a mis-understanding? As that sounds like the price including the plaque to me.

With banter intended :lol: £30 is not a lot of money to spend on a twenty plus grand car, don't be so tight :lol:
Indeed - cut & paste from email was " one plaque is 35 Euro, two for the same car are 50"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did mine this morning € 10 for the build number

Hi Steven and thank you for the payment

you have the mk2 Ford Focus RS No. 159 / 11500

it came from the general Focus production line to the final RS assembly on 18th of march 2009 and left the Ford plant in Saarlouis on 1st of april.

1341 - 1360 of 1394 Posts