Focus RS Forum banner

Rs mk2 v Audi rs3

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  simon790 
#1 ·
Has anyone on here sold their mk2 focus rs and changed it for a newer shape Audi RS3 ? If so whats your thoughts? I've got a itch to scratch but unsure if I'd regret it. Thanks Paul.

#7 ·
I’ve never driven an RS3 but it seems like a different kind of car. Very quick in a straight line without a doubt and they sound great but I’m not sure how ‘chuckable’ they are? A few have turned up at track days and they look very understeery when pushed but I believe Audi managed to fix that on the latest cars. It’s definitely a car I’d want to drive before committing just in case you’re left feeling a bit cold. I should add that I’ve never really got on with VAG products, I am however trying to be objective here!

#9 ·
I personally wouldn't
Lazy driving for a start, I've seen and heard them as it's a common car in our horrid area
Too many about with kids thinking they are in a track

I had one years ago but it was the 2007 model and that was a proper machine
Not like today's computer on wheels

As you can guess I'm old and miserable but I like a good straight forward no nonsense gear change

On a plus side it's more practical IMO
The MK2 is still my daily use car but it's getting old now,

#10 ·
I personally wouldn't
Lazy driving for a start, I've seen and heard them as it's a common car in our horrid area
As you can guess I'm old and miserable but I like a good straight forward no nonsense gear change
I actually agree with you. For all the impressive array of hot hatches and mega hatches available, so few of them strike me as drivers cars, particularly in the mega hatch category. It seems like winning the carwow drag race is all that matters these days. Yes a dual clutch auto is far more efficient than a manual gear change but it severely detracts from driver involvement, to me anyway. That's why the MK3 RS retains its appeal for me, there's nothing else quite like it. I'm not old or miserable, I am maybe stuck in the past though!

#12 ·
The mk3 doesn't do anything for me Robert. Like Webby said I want to stick with a 5 cylinder but something newer. I take it there mustn't be a lot of people whos done a move because of the lack of response.
I test drove one when I sold the mk3 RS really liked the car engine is fantastic interior is next level too

the only reason I went for the A45 AMG over the RS3 was the looks and the colour of the A45 tbh

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I owned a MK2 Focus RS for 5 years and a MK3 Focus RS for about a year and also two Audi S3 Saloons in between them. I now own a 2017 Audi RS3 Saloon. The MK2 RS is the best Ford I've ever owned and I've had loads of Fords of all makes. The RS3 is a fantastic car but I couldn't even begin to compare it to the MK2 Focus RS as they are totally different cars. The RS3 isn't as in your face as the MK2 RS but it ain't bland. I loved my MK2 RS and I love my current RS3 and I'm so happy to have owned the two of them.

Attachments

#15 ·
Ive owned an RS mk2, mk3 and now just sold my RS3 saloon...

Favourite out of the 3 cars is a close one, but Id say the RS mk2 takes it on the looks and fun factor... the RS3 very close behind thought! Awesome noise from the RS3 with sports exhaust, the interior will be pretty hard to beat too! I personally think the handling on the facelift models is far better than what people say as well.

Id say your best bet it sorting a test drive in an RS3, theyre very different to live with day to day compared to the RS mk2... but then again a car 10+ years newer will be

#16 ·
I personally wouldn't

The RS3 came out in 2011?? unless you mean S3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.