Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I am thinking about replacing the standard Sony 6cd changer stereo in my car due to age, lack of functions and the odd bit of strange behaviour and was wondering whether anyone had any experience in replacing these with a double din unit, or whether something else is needed to fit? Ideally i'd like to keep use of the steering column controls and not have to move or chance the dash in any way.

Thanks

Matt

·
Premium Member
Mk2 RS 400
2,185 Posts
you should give the guy a list of the ones to avoid from all the android units you have tested
No need to be like that, as a general rule of thumb the generic android stereos offer a lot of functionality, but thier performance is not as good as a branded stereo. I’ve had two such units and it was the case for both.

it’s up to the buyer what they do though.

·
Registered
896 Posts
No need to be like that, as a general rule of thumb the generic android stereos offer a lot of functionality, but thier performance is not as good as a branded stereo. I’ve had two such units and it was the case for both.

it’s up to the buyer what they do though.
i wasn’t being funny,
your post said to avoid all android stereos so I thought you must have had a lot of experience with poor units.
I agree in part that 80% of android units are terrible, but there are a few good units out there now,
the one I have I would take over a pioneer or Kenwood any day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts