Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi fellas iv narrowed my search down to 3 cars however the one I'm more favoured towards iv only just realised its a non lux spec but is best condition inside and out compare to others iv seen should I keep looking? dont know much about the lux packs at all I never did want the sat nav but unsure what else I'm missing out on if I go and see this car would it put on of you off? thanks lads

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Lux 1 does contain a good few extras, many of which are very useful such as parking sensors, climate control, auto wipers etc but none are deal breakers if its the right car. Personally I ruled out any non lux when I was looking but it depends what bothers you

·
Premium Member
23,467 Posts
Lux 1 does contain a good few extras, many of which are very useful such as parking sensors, climate control, auto wipers etc but none are deal breakers if its the right car. Personally I ruled out any non lux when I was looking but it depends what bothers you
Plus auto headlamps, keyfree entry & the tyre pressure monitoring system.

I'm lux 2 with every option but if I bought again it would be lux1 with preferably uprated seats & Bluetooth /usb

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
When I bought my mk2 I bought it becsuse the car was what I wanted...lux packs didn't bother me....to be honest I hadn't really looked into lux packs....turns out mine is lux 1 with upgraded seats...

·
Premium Member
13,271 Posts
When I purchased my MK2 in 2009 I had the option of all extras straight from the factory. I ended up with Lux pack one bluetooth USB and seat upgrade, never bothered with satnav. If I was looking for an RS now I would personally go for the same spec however if the car you like doesn't have the upgrades it wouldn't put me off.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Horses for courses- I agree with Gareth, I went for lux 2 asI have no sense of direction, but it’s looks a bit daft now it’s 12 years old. Lux one is the one I’d go for now, gives quite a few extras and in my opinion looks far better than non lux or lux 2. But if you’re not bothered about any of them pick the car that’s otherwise the best. Think we’re passed the stage where lux packs will make much difference to future value.

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,093 Posts
Same as Gareth and Neil here, I like the auto-on features, regret the keyless entry, satnav is aged and useless and I have a Sony personal dab radio velcroed to the back of the armrest for Test Match Special, plumbed into the aux port. I think the Recaro front seats are excellent (and I've looked after mine over 140,000 miles, haven't I @Gareth350 but most of the other Lux 2 extras? No, not really.

As others have said, condition is key.

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Lux 1 is a good compromise imo, and is what my car has. If I want to use satnav, I use my phone, and I don't mind not having a reversing camera; parking sensors do the job well enough. The Bluetooth feature is ok, and the USB port does get used. Base spec wouldn't put me off, as long as the rest of the car was up to scratch 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
23,467 Posts
I actually don't mind the sat nav, it has always got me to where I want to go & it's still on the 2009 map!

OK it shows you doing 60mph straight over old roundabouts that have been replaced by new roads or driving through fields etc but it's never failed me.!😁

The reason I'd choose lux1 if I bought again is that I could put a modern aftermarket unit in but I don't regret my decision for lux2. 👍

·
Premium Member
20,318 Posts
I ticked all the boxes for mine when ordered and probably would again i think the lux2 dash looks best but then again neither are going to win much compared to modern cars the only must for me would be the seat upgrade and obviously condition of the car

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Personal choice obviously - I hated the Lux 2 (Speak and spell) - glad mine has just a basic Lux 1
I just swapped out the head unit for a Pioneer BT/apple car play and you cover all bases, (dont even need USB or BT kit), as for the other things, TPMS are a PIA (on every car that has had them for me), reverse camera just fill sup with water, and if you use parking sensors to park one of these, well...
Car condition is key ! - look underneath as well as the obvious areas (rear arches, inside the rear hatch...)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I own an RS500 with all possible options. Rear camera is usefull only if your car park is narrow. The navisat is old fashion and without use on continent compare to a modern Tomtom or Iphone with Waze. It is more important to have low mileage and engine in very good condition.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,796 Posts
On the continent, there were three levels of options : pack RS (= standard) ; pack RS + (= better options) ; pack RS Technologie (highest level). You may find these three levels on this pdf flyer in French.
There is a thread with comprehensive options and pricing information here. :giggle: (y)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Buy the car you feel is the best for your money, if it's 4k less than the other Rs's due to being standard then that will always be the case when you sell. If you say the standard looks and drives the best...that's the one
For me I wanted an Rs with lux 1 & the Dynamica Seat up grade

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mines lux 0, but not got any problems, fitted best pioneer aftermarket stereo with camera , I’m not missing anything pdc isn’t needed with a camera, pressing key fob isn’t hard, or turning lights on, only thing I would have liked, only because it looks better is the digital climate, but it still get cold if I want, I Lis car will always be worth more, but the 2 people are already having problems with the sat nav and camera

1 - 20 of 21 Posts