Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
Guys,
as many of you know I had surgery for a very rare form of abdominal cancer (Pseudomyxoma Peritonie) on 21 Feb 2022 and said i would probably not get Along to this years event.

however reading this thread makes me want to get Along and sit under the canopy and chat with people plus the occasional walk round the paddock etc.
However I still don鈥檛 know if I could manage the heat we have had in past years.

I will keep my options open and may just book a couple of nights in the premier inn if weather forecast looks favourable and dependant upon how I feel the week before.

however I wouldn鈥檛 bring Stuart as his care needs would still be too much for me to cope with during my recovery.
I would hope to bring the wife along instead.

keeping my options open as RS is currently SORNed and I have no idea what I would be like driving it either, yet.

Registered
Castle Combe is something around 260 mile round trip for me and although back in my Subaru days I used to do the Japfest and Rally days without hesitation, at today's fuel prices you start to question if the day will be big enough with plenty of cars and trade to warrant the trip and expense. It's sad to realise that you've reached the stage of comparing value and benefit!
Still making my mind up, though:unsure:

JohnD

Premium Member
Guys,
as many of you know I had surgery for a very rare form of abdominal cancer (Pseudomyxoma Peritonie) on 21 Feb 2022 and said i would probably not get Along to this years event.
however reading this thread makes me want to get Along and sit under the canopy and chat with people plus the occasional walk round the paddock etc.
However I still don鈥檛 know if I could manage the heat we have had in past years.
I will keep my options open and may just book a couple of nights in the premier inn if weather forecast looks favourable and dependant upon how I feel the week before.
however I wouldn鈥檛 bring Stuart as his care needs would still be too much for me to cope with during my recovery.
I would hope to bring the wife along instead.
keeping my options open as RS is currently SORNed and I have no idea what I would be like driving it either, yet.
that is something I did not know Dave and I hope you are making a full and speedy recovery 鉂も嶐煩 if you need any help with care for Stuart and or support yourself if you wish to attend we are here for you mate 馃槈馃憤鉂

Registered
that is something I did not know Dave and I hope you are making a full and speedy recovery 鉂も嶐煩 if you need any help with care for Stuart and or support yourself if you wish to attend we are here for you mate 馃槈馃憤鉂
Jimmy
Thanks for the offer pal.

I have added you on to a whatsapp group I created to keep people posted.
There is a link in the description that gives more info about the condition and the medical procedure I underwent.

Registered
Well guys I finally made the decision to get Along to RSCombe, I am dragging Sheree along this year as I am not recovered enough to care for Stuart on my own, yet.

RSCombe Tickets bought and hotel booked for 2 nights.

We will see some of you at the hotel no doubt.

Registered
@Rusty

not sure if I will be meeting you at Morrisons.

I booked a meal deal which includes breakfast, until I know what time they serve from (edit: apparently from 7am on weekends) I can鈥檛 commit to the convoy.

also I am not sure how I will be feeling after the long drive and my surgery.

I鈥檒l update you via the WhatsApp group on the Friday night if that鈥檚 ok.

Registered
Morning Rusty,
Are there any more spaces on our stand? If not is not an issue, as due to the home front totally slipped the old grey matter to check with you.
Thanks
Corinne & me

Registered
As stated above RS Combe this year is on Saturday 2nd of July. All tickets and stand passes will be sent to you direct from the organisers so everyone has to book their own ticket and stand pass through the RS Combe website.

rscombe.com then go to Bookings - Club bookings - All other groups - FOCUS RSOC
Then further down add car and driver and a bit further down you can add additional passengers

Let me know on here when you have booked and I will get a list going.

Also do people still want to meet and convoy in from Morrison鈥檚 near by ? I am happy to meet there like normal but if you want to meet at the circuit then that is fine as you will already have your stand pass so there is no need to meet beforehand if you don鈥檛 want to.

Attendees

1. Rusty FW Mk2
2. @torquewrench
3. @748steve NB Mk3
4. @Mark rs UG Mk2
5. @evoman666 UG Mk2
6. @trains125 NB Mk3
7. @Silverback Black Mk2
8. @Mr Angry PB Mk2
9. @checkmate91 PB Mk2
10. @rsdude UG Mk2
11. @andyholt1 PB Mk2