Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's like this ,il explain the story and feel free to say you would or wouldn't

Guy I know does a bit of car tunning ,he isn't a 99p mapper and I had him sort my transit van

I explained he would never get anywhere near my Rs focus (but he is helping rewire my s1 so I do trust him)
He is replacing my entire engine loom

Ok to the story itself
Now some people like cars but have no clue what they have ,will throw hundreds of thousands at mods
Ok you say -
1Why because they can
2They read it in a magazine
3 they are addicted to modding
4 easy to lead
Any reason you can think of really

But because they can do this a lot of people dislike them (to this end I can actually see why )

So my mate gets a call can you mod my focus Rs
Yes what are you thinking

Bigger intercooler ,open filter .decat ,rods Pistons and a block mod ?

But I only want you to map it
Mate answers ,why do you want it forged

I just do

But a remap will probably only take it to 360-380 on standard injectors blah blah blah

Rebuilding its a bit over the top and why a block mod ?
He is wondering by now who are you

He is obviously a little more confused as the coversation carrys on when the lady says when I bought the 500 I am goin to paint it

Excuse me ???????

This is an rs500 350 out of the box and you want to mod it and paint it
Ok it's you're money
Now he explains to me I told her to take it to mountune as this isn't a normal focus
( I laughed i said there are a few modded 500 but none painted ive no clue what it would do to its value )

I don't care end of the day what people do but to me a Rs 500 if modded it needs to be subtle

This car means nothing to this lady from my understanding she spent 45k modding a
Gti

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
She doesn't deserve to own one, end of story!!! :facepalm: :cry: A few subtle mods I can understand, but painting it? Really? :facepalm:

A little harsh perhaps, it's her car, it's up to her! :wink: :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
That does sound a bit extreme Rico :cry:

My 500 is modded but only with Mountune products. It had been retrimmed to a high quality and already had the MR375 on it when I bought it and for me that was the attraction :yep:

Have just kept everything else other than Eibachs in the Mountune camp.

It's a difficult one, if I was buying purely for future value then yes leave it standard. However I want to enjoy the car now and if that loses a little value then so be it, I always believe there will be a buyer for a pampered car anyway.

Oh I for forgot mines a ragged PR car :rofl: :rofl: . . . . . . . NOT !

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
To say someone doesn't deserve to own something is a bit harsh , if it's something she wants to do and spend the money doing it , painting it what ever then why should it bother anyone else, personally I wouldn't , but if she wants it bright pink with blue spots , that's her call, i saw an rs at santapod that had been pained quite literally in eggshell blue! Not my cup of tea but everyone to there own,

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Well it's like this ,il explain the story and feel free to say you would or wouldn't
Guy I know does a bit of car tunning ,he isn't a 99p mapper and I had him sort my transit van
I explained he would never get anywhere near my Rs focus (but he is helping rewire my s1 so I do trust him)
He is replacing my entire engine loom
Ok to the story itself
Now some people like cars but have no clue what they have ,will throw hundreds of thousands at mods
Ok you say -
1Why because they can
2They read it in a magazine
3 they are addicted to modding
4 easy to lead
Any reason you can think of really
But because they can do this a lot of people dislike them (to this end I can actually see why )
So my mate gets a call can you mod my focus Rs
Yes what are you thinking
Bigger intercooler ,open filter .decat ,rods Pistons and a block mod ?
But I only want you to map it
Mate answers ,why do you want it forged
I just do
But a remap will probably only take it to 360-380 on standard injectors blah blah blah
Rebuilding its a bit over the top and why a block mod ?
He is wondering by now who are you
He is obviously a little more confused as the coversation carrys on when the lady says when I bought the 500 I am goin to paint it
Excuse me ???????
This is an rs500 350 out of the box and you want to mod it and paint it
Ok it's you're money
Now he explains to me I told her to take it to mountune as this isn't a normal focus
( I laughed i said there are a few modded 500 but none painted ive no clue what it would do to its value )
I don't care end of the day what people do but to me a Rs 500 if modded it needs to be subtle
This car means nothing to this lady from my understanding she spent 45k modding a
Gti
If this is the Same lady I spoke to at Japfest last Sunday she told me she was going to do something mad with it colour change big power
Upgrade.
This is the RS 500 what was up for sale for 50k at redline with 99 miles on it and she paid 45k for it and she owns a 770 BHP GTR with a mad colour scheme.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha ha ha @tina
If this is the Same lady I spoke to at Japfest last Sunday she told me she was going to do something mad with it colour change big power
Upgrade.
This is the RS 500 what was up for sale for 50k at redline with 99 miles on it and she paid 45k for it and she owns a 770 BHP GTR with a mad colour scheme.
Small world

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Upgrade.
Wow. . . . money no object then Steve !

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
To say someone doesn't deserve to own something is a bit harsh , if it's something she wants to do and spend the money doing it , painting it what ever then why should it bother anyone else, personally I wouldn't , but if she wants it bright pink with blue spots , that's her call, i saw an rs at santapod that had been pained quite literally in eggshell blue! Not my cup of tea but everyone to there own,
I was taking the wee wee a little with what I said Lisa :) Of course it's entirely up to her what she does to her car and how much money is spent (and lost!) ;) in the process. At the end of the day, we're all different and have different tastes, which is a good thing. :)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Totally agree

End of the day it's hers

The threads more of a would you or wouldn't you

·
Registered
977 Posts
I agree it's up to her. Maybe she's making a mockery of RS500 owners by painting it....like the footballer who wrapped his Bentley in army camouflage just cos he could. Shame tho as it's a pretty special car with such low miles....anyway just got a call to say my new pink polka dot wrap is finished.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts