Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know this has probably been discussed millions on times before on here but for some reason everytime I search this forum my computer freezes lol! No idea why.. Its old. Not just this website though.

Anyway I'm thinking of getting Revo stage 2.. Or maybe stage 4. Just can't decide and wanted to hear from people who have had them or still using them. Also why is there no stage 3 with any company lol???

I currently have bluefin stage 1 but want a little more plus I would like my RS to be mapped properly on a rolling road with the hardware I have.

I have :
AS CAIS stage 2
AS Intercooler stage 1
AS Inlet plenum
Bluefin stage 1
Milltek Cat back exhaust

Next on my list to get is the down pipe and sports cat by Milltek. Bigger injectors as well. Once I choose a map. But after that I'm not sure what revo map to get. Any advice would be great thanks.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
It's a tough one mate, have been on both, ran stage 2 for a couple of years and went 4 at the beginning of this year.

It depends how you want to do it, if you want all the power at once, or would enjoy going up in levels to feel the difference. Stage 2 is a great map, very quick on the road and no issues with it at all. Very smooth too and a good middle ground between how it felt standard and how it feels are a tuned car.

BUT

stage 4 is another level, it pulls so hard all the way round the dial and just goes and goes. Third gear up it will pin you in the back of the seat and will continue to do so all the way through the gears. I cant praise it enough to be honest. Downside is it will use a lot more fuel because the performance is addictive.

Remember the day I got it done took my mate out in it, and he comes out with me all the time, he was shocked at the difference. Went to shake his hand when I got home and got a sweaty palm in return!

And I think they skipped stage 3 to keep in line with other companies naming scheme. Stage 4 with everyone else is 400bhp so it was to keep it similar to that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats just the sort of info I was after cheers guys. Im not too fussed about the fuel issue as long as it doesn't dissappear too fast lol. I get about 250 miles out of a full tank at the moment with my heavy foot

Only other thing I was going to ask is: running stage 4 and the Uprated injectors, do you need a new fuel pump? I didn't know if the standard one would be on its limit with this sort of power. Didnt want to strain it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You won't need a new pump, the standard is fine at stage 4, the map is written to work with the uprated injectors so a new pump isnt needed.

You can also run 550 or 650 injectors with Revo, so if you can get a good deal on either it would be worth it. No difference in power though

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay that's good news. Think I will go for the stage 4 then. Sounds like a lot of fun. If my car was still standard and didnt have the bluefin on, I would of probably gone to stage 2 first.

Does it matter what injectors I get then?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would I also need to change the spring in my AS recirculation valve if I go for the stage 4?
I currently have the yellow one in there . Im not really too sure if that's right at the moment anyway lol
It does make some chatter.

·
Registered
461 Posts
So if I have every thing on the car for stage 4 apart from injectors , I can just buy them and fit them and then just add stage 4 on my blufin to accommodate the injectors..

I have a full 3" goose fitted inc downpipe
Stage 2 cooler
Mountune updated air box
As plenum
As crossover pipe
As hoses

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Does the car really need a cat back exhaust for 400bhp or does the standard back box not restrict that much??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.