Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having been with superchips/bluefin since the modding bug bit me im finally moving on. :thumbsup: Its been good to progress and drive stage 1,2 & 3 Bfin however it was always my intention to move on to one of the 'big' boys. (Was a t0ss up between revo and jwr). The 20% discount from ford fair has settled it so now seems as good a time as any to get Revo 4. Booked in with Clive Atthowe up in Norwich on Thursday, have to say i am pretty excited. :DDance:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nice one dude. Let me know how it goes at Norwich could possibly go there myself at some point. You will love it!

·
Registered
694 Posts
So having been with superchips/bluefin since the modding bug bit me im finally moving on. :thumbsup: Its been good to progress and drive stage 1,2 & 3 Bfin however it was always my intention to move on to one of the 'big' boys. (Was a t0ss up between revo and jwr). The 20% discount from ford fair has settled it so now seems as good a time as any to get Revo 4. Booked in with Clive Atthowe up in Norwich on Thursday, have to say i am pretty excited. :DDance:
hi mate that's good to hear I looked up Clive Atthowe after talking the other night at the meet looks good I won't be far behind you will get airtec intercooler next week then wil book my in as Grey said lets us know how you get on I can't wait for mine to be done.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You are going to love it mate, been on it since Feb time and nowhere near bored or used to the power yet, even now when I look down at the speedo can't believe how quick it's piling the speed on.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am most excited about how it feels compared to stg 3 bfin. Ill defo do a write up after a week or 2 to give my impressions.

hi mate that's good to hear I looked up Clive Atthowe after talking the other night at the meet looks good I won't be far behind you will get airtec intercooler next week then wil book my in as Grey said lets us know how you get on I can't wait for mine to be done.
Will do :nice:

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let us know what you think of it once you get it done.

I'm getting my injectors, plenum and Revo stage 4 map done at Sitech in the next few weeks. Can't wait, I'm running the standard software at the minute.
Will do. I can only imagine how good stg 4 will feel to you changing from the standard map. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Let us know what you think of it once you get it done.
I'm getting my injectors, plenum and Revo stage 4 map done at Sitech in the next few weeks. Can't wait, I'm running the standard software at the minute.
That's how I done it from std to stg4,just kept buying the upgraded bits from classified section then went to scc at Xmas had it all fitted and mapped,also had the lower hard boost pipes upgraded to :),drive there made me smile and drive home I was laughing blew me away at how it had transformed the car doesn't miss a beat just kept pulling and pulling it now a quick car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am interested in this as well. I currently have Stage 1 Bluefin but after more power:) Only thing i'm concerned with is the fuel pump and other parts of the car. Having that much power - does it put stress on these parts or is it all okay? I haven't heard of any issues tbh.

All i need are the bigger injectors otherwise:)

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I went from bluefin stage 3 to revo stage 4. Revo is a much better map, far more useable on the road and track. I found the bluefin map just chucked a load of torque in at once and spun the front wheels everywhere, it was difficult to drive in the wet.

Revo delivers the power much more progressively and controllably.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So good and bad things to report. First ill start with the good. Clive Atthowe was really good and id defo recommend anyone around that area that wants a revo map to try him. Secondly, cant give a full honest review on stage 4 due to my next point but from what i feel so far its a much nicer map to drive than bluefin stg3.

Now here coes the bad news, the car had 2 runs on the dyno and made 370hp 332lbsft and 373hp 344lbsft. Unfortunately for some unknown reason the cars only making 19psi peak boost at about 4.5k. Im now going to have to start diagnosing why. I can only think its; A) A boost leak somewhere B) Boost solenoid (Although the boost builds very steadily to just under 3/4 on the guage and holds) or C) I really hope not but could the turbo be on its way out?

Any advice and other ideas are welcome, illb e starting by replacing the boost solenoid early next week.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
what spring are you running in your recirc valve

i had the blue spring when i was revo stage 4 and it gave me an ever so slight boost leak, however i still rolled 392hp and 400lbft , and that was with mountune box and sportscat too which restricted it slightly

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
what spring are you running in your recirc valve

i had the blue spring when i was revo stage 4 and it gave me an ever so slight boost leak, however i still rolled 392hp and 400lbft , and that was with mountune box and sportscat too which restricted it slightly
Running mountune recirc atm. I will post some of the graphs later today when i get a chance for you guys to look at. Not sure if it would be worth changing the recirc for a forge or similar with a blue spring?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Running mountune recirc atm. I will post some of the graphs later today when i get a chance for you guys to look at. Not sure if it would be worth changing the recirc for a forge or similar with a blue spring?
hello mate shame you have issues... If needs be I don't mind meeting you at clives one day so you can compare my map to yours. I haven't got a graph unfortunetly. But hopefully you sort what ever it is. Did he check your AFR?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hello mate shame you have issues... If needs be I don't mind meeting you at clives one day so you can compare my map to yours. I haven't got a graph unfortunetly. But hopefully you sort what ever it is. Did he check your AFR?
Yh cheers Grey could do. I was going to combine the solenoid change with checking all boost hoses and recirc then pop back to rule them out. Once ive done that ill drop you a pm to see what we can arrange :thumbsup: . AFRs were spot on at 11.4 with timing set to 6 and 11.5 with timing at 5.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.