Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am i correct in saying that i have until the 8th oct to reserve the new rs? if so then id better hurry up and decide what im doing lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
am i correct in saying that i have until the 8th oct to reserve the new rs? if so then id better hurry up and decide what im doing lol
What?

So the books are barely open and you are saying they will close on 8th October? Where does it say that?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This is the information I got from my dealer when I asked about the process..

-------------
It's a very similar ordering process to Mustang, where initially deposits are confirmed and a slot reserved; but different in that specification will be finalised a little later on. The Ford Bulletin you mentioned asks us to send your details along with proof of deposit, this will be completed today ensuring your details are with them as soon as possible.

The Focus RS Configurator will be live on 17th September on www.ford.co.uk . After that, Ford will be in touch with us to confirm they've allocated you a vehicle and to ask us to confirm your exact specification, we'll have two weeks at this point to make amendements.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just rather shocked that a cut-off date is already set when no one knows official prices specs etc.
That's if you want it in the first batch, the cut off date is for everyone who has reserved/put deposit on one. After that date it's open to everyone to just go in and order although they will have a years wait at least as the pre-orders take priority and you'll get it come March/April

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's if you want it in the first batch, the cut off date is for everyone who has reserved/put deposit on one. After that date it's open to everyone to just go in and order although they will have a years wait at least as the pre-orders take priority and you'll get it come March/April
I was thinking of putting a deposit down in the next few weeks, but if I had to wait a year for a car that will then be out of date a year later I might change my mind. I had a deposit on a Mk1 Focus RS for over a year and cancelled it.

March/April was my aim.

I was just surprised to hear this news as, as said previously, official details are still a bit scarce.

·
Registered
187 Posts
What evidence is there that after the first wave of orders then the next batch will have to wait a year.

Surely no-one knows how many customers will order , what priority one country takes over another.Fords strategy or buisness model for building these cars.

I know the mustang currently has a year long wait - but this is the first time a rhd model has been available within the u.k. - hence the interest.

Also, whats to stop a dealer being very proactive in becoming the "go to place to order" by ghost ordering numerous rs but not actually having a purchaser.This happens all the time on main stream models.

I know there are procedures for this type of thing but dealers can be very innovative to circumnavigate this - if they can.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
What evidence is there that after the first wave of orders then the next batch will have to wait a year.

Surely no-one knows how many customers will order , what priority one country takes over another.Fords strategy or buisness model for building these cars.

I know the mustang currently has a year long wait - but this is the first time a rhd model has been available within the u.k. - hence the interest.

Also, whats to stop a dealer being very proactive in becoming the "go to place to order" by ghost ordering numerous rs but not actually having a purchaser.This happens all the time on main stream models.

I know there are procedures for this type of thing but dealers can be very innovative to circumnavigate this - if they can.
Speculation is the time frame, only way to tell will be wait until October 8th then enquire about the RS and see what they say about waiting time

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
What evidence is there that after the first wave of orders then the next batch will have to wait a year.Surely no-one knows how many customers will order , what priority one country takes over another.Fords strategy or buisness model for building these cars.I know the mustang currently has a year long wait - but this is the first time a rhd model has been available within the u.k. - hence the interest.Also, whats to stop a dealer being very proactive in becoming the "go to place to order" by ghost ordering numerous rs but not actually having a purchaser.This happens all the time on main stream models.I know there are procedures for this type of thing but dealers can be very innovative to circumnavigate this - if they can.
There is a talk about Ford only building cars to order for actual customers, unlike mk2, which was built to set number of units.
Porsche Macan in UK had 14 month waiting list once it was released, so go figure it out.
We would not know for sure the demand from the rest of the world , it could be weak, or overwhelming for one single factory in Germany, which before only had to build Mk2 Rs for Europe and Australia (and we still had to wait over a year here) .
At the same time, it also going continue building many other Ford models in its line up, as it did in 09-10.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i suppose its makes business sense to keep the supply limited during the initial launch phase so that ford do not overproduce when they are unsure of the actual demand.

·
Registered
557 Posts

On the reservation form there is a section stating Ford will contact the customer for verification of the customers interest in the RS.

It also states that the vehicle must be sold to the persons name on the form and will match them on the Vista system.

Think they are being very cautious that they are reserved by actual customers.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts