Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,693 Posts
I ordered my replacement sensor from my local dealer, FINIS is 1434267. You have to order it in because it comes painted and the color has to be specified at order time.

Sensors are £44 each at the time of writing.

I finally got round to fitting my replacement parking sensor today..

I identified which one was the faulty sensor by putting it in reverse with the engine off and then going round each sensor with a kitchen roll tube and listening to the sensor through it. They all made a ticking noise except the broken one.

Was a bit of a fiddle to get to the broken sensor as it was one of the central ones, but got there in the end.

First I jacked up the car on the side with the faulty sensor and supported it on an axle stand.

From underneath, I was able to reach up inside the bumper and release the plastic lugs holding the sensor in place. Whilst holding the lugs apart I pressed the sensor inwards from the other side. It took quite a lot of pressure to get to to move..

Here is the hole where the sensor was:
IMG_1955.JPG

Here is the old sensor:
IMG_1956.JPG

Here is the mounting from the inside - you can see the lugs that locate with the sensor. These are what you need to hold backwards whilst pushing the sensor inwards
IMG_1958_text.jpg

Pushing the new sensor into place, once again quite firm pressure required to make the lugs locate on the sensor
IMG_1960.JPG

All Done
IMG_1961.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks Graham, looks like I need a new sensor. Will give Rates a call tomorrow, anyone advise how much these sensors cost?

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,437 Posts
You have to order them in as they come painted. When I did mine it was £44 per sensor..
I was goint to ask whether you had to paint it or not.

Might be worth adding the comment to post 1 as well?

Might be worth adding the comment to post 1 as well along with the Finis No?

·
Premium Member
23,286 Posts
@Graham I replaced my faulty outer offside sensor yesterday (after 2 years not working! :blush: ) , even though i could have worked it out for myself, i remembered this thread & followed it, 5 mins later, job done, so thanks again. :thumbsup:

Could this be pinned though, as it took me a while to find! :nice:

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
Wow thanks for this! :boW:

One of mine was playing up the other day but I cleaned it and it was ok = phew! :) ...but this will help loads of people! :nice:

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Mines going into Ford in a few hours
Apparently it takes a full day to fit a sensor?

Good job it's a warranty job

Typical though the faulty sensor has decided to work now

Think I'll take some equipment and fit it myself on the forecourt, pop off the diffuser then if I remember the access is easy

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Well all went well
Until now, back to square one
There's something else causing the new sensor to fail
Was ok this afternoon?

Me suspects the wiring

1 - 15 of 15 Posts