Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renewals in with Admiral, gone up a tenner this year to £265 not going to grumble about it, that is the first time it's gone up since I've been with them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Still worth a quick call or even an online chat with Admiral! You may find that saying you're going elsewhere gets you their attention and offer you something lower. I am with admiral now, however with mods to my vehicle planned, I'm going to look elsewhere as they aren't the best when it comes to declaring modifications to vehicles. Don't think they even cover them on a like for like basis in the event of a claim if I'm right in saying.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
@natew

Still worth a quick call or even an online chat with Admiral! You may find that saying you're going elsewhere gets you their attention and offer you something lower. I am with admiral now, however with mods to my vehicle planned, I'm going to look elsewhere as they aren't the best when it comes to declaring modifications to vehicles. Don't think they even cover them on a like for like basis in the event of a claim if I'm right in saying.
We're with Admiral and have not found any issue with declaration of any mods. My son's Golf R has multiple mods and they haven't batted an eyelid at any of them, he's just 25.

I also have mods to my RS and found no problem either.

My wife is also having a mod to her Up! GTI and we're not anticipating an issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@natew

We're with Admiral and have not found any issue with declaration of any mods. My son's Golf R has multiple mods and they haven't batted an eyelid at any of them, he's just 25.

I also have mods to my RS and found no problem either.

My wife is also having a mod to her Up! GTI and we're not anticipating an issue.
Yes, I've found them not to be very accommodating when declaring modifications. Either they're not covered, or the premium sky rockets. I'll certainly check again come renewal, but won't hold my breath. I think they charge for mid term policy changes with regards to modifications as well, well worth asking the question beforehand.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I was with admiral for a very, very long time.

As soon as I mentioned upgrading the intercooler on my then new 2013 Fiesta ST - they did not want to know.

So have been with AF ever since with all mods declared, covered and agreed valuation . Not cheap - but piece of mind.

Regards

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
@Radbourne78

Declaring mods is one thing, having them covered like for like is something else. I suspect most people who delare mods do not have them covered, only named on the policy
That's exactly the issue for some people. I understand the basis on which I have insurance and accept it as is. TBH my annual cost is very good, about £190, so I'm not going to complain.

As for declaring mods, Admiral allow you to access your own policy and make your own changes on-line. If there's a cost it can be minimised by declaring more than one at the same time and only incurring one admin charge. As for myself, I haven't been charged for declaring these kinds of changes to date. Apologies for the error, I have been charged, but minimal cost.

I guess its also to do with the insured party and how they are viewed by the insurer. On reflection its really hard to judge how insurance companies make their decisions so its best to get quotes and play them off against each other - that's assuming they want your business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts