Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm trying to find the receiver for my remote locking signal, my central locking works with the key in the door lock, the keyless entry works, I've had a company out to programme a new key for me but they couldn't do it either he said the car is not receiving the signal, I've looked on lots of forums the only thing I can find is it needs unplugging, supposedly it's in the drivers side near the steering column but i cannot find it, i have disconnected the battery for an hour in the hope that would work but still no joy, if anyone has any info on this it would be really appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for you reply, it's not the keyless part I'm looking for it's the remote key fob receiver so when you press lock or unlock on the key fob it sends the signal to a unit in the car as mine is not receiving the signal I believe reading online the unit needs unplughing

·
Registered
457 Posts
When you are outside the vehicle, the sensors are the door handles and the boot handle, which communicate with the module in the boot in the picture, number 9.

Sorry, I made a mistake before, I put number 9 for both, edited now. Does that make more sense now?

Again, note there are three 'number 5' in that diagram. Sensor 5 (left) is only there to stop you locking the keys in the boot, sensor 5 (right), I think is checking you haven't left a spare key in the car while trying to lock it. And sensor 5 (centre) I don't think we even have, because it's a three door.

Sounds like you do want number 9 then?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi Dave no not yet I've had no time to look hopefully one night this week
Did you resolve this? I have just went out to mine today after being stood for 5 weeks and I am having the same problem. Keyless works, key in the door works, but the buttons on the fob do not on either key. Tried replacing the batteries but nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Did you resolve this? I have just went out to mine today after being stood for 5 weeks and I am having the same problem. Keyless works, key in the door works, but the buttons on the fob do not on either key. Tried replacing the batteries but nothing.
Have you tried placing the key inside the car and switching the ignition on? Mine did this as well (earlier this week) and it's now fine, all the buttons on the fob work. I did it twice just to make sure, it seems to wake itself up again! I think this is a side effect of not using the car, it goes into some sort of hibernation mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm trying to find the receiver for my remote locking signal, my central locking works with the key in the door lock, the keyless entry works, I've had a company out to programme a new key for me but they couldn't do it either he said the car is not receiving the signal, I've looked on lots of forums the only thing I can find is it needs unplugging, supposedly it's in the drivers side near the steering column but i cannot find it, i have disconnected the battery for an hour in the hope that would work but still no joy, if anyone has any info on this it would be really appreciated
Hi Did you ever fix the problem? And find where the reciever is ? Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts