Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had the rs out for a while but needed it's mot yesterday. Key fob wouldnt open it so had to use the viper alarm fob, also When driving it i noticed the message on the dash that the remote key fob battery was low and fob wouldn't lock or unlock the car, but the viper alarm fob did, so thinking the central locking is OK, just a fob battery. Swapped the batteries from the new fob into the one I use all the time this morning and neither of them will lock the car?
Anyone had similar issues car sits in garage with ctech on it so car battery is fully charged 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just replaced the fob a year or 2 ago as the dog chewed the spare. I've ordered 2 new batteries as the central locking works from the blade key and the viper alarm so hopefully 2 flat batteries?

Registered
I changed the battery in my fob a while ago but didnt check that it worked and a few months later tried to use it and it didnt work ,so opened the car with the blade but then couldn't turn the alarm off so had to disconnect the battery, after a bit of faffing about I realised l had put the new battery in the fob upside down 馃槀馃槀

Premium Member
I changed the battery in my fob a while ago but didnt check that it worked and a few months later tried to use it and it didnt work ,so opened the car with the blade but then couldn't turn the alarm off so had to disconnect the battery, after a bit of faffing about I realised l had put the new battery in the fob upside down 馃槀馃槀
And what do you do for a living G?! 馃槀

Registered
MK2 MR420 Clubsport
I had a similar issue to what you describe but not exactly the same - might be worth checking out if it's the same root cause though if you find that battery replacement doesn't fix your issue:

Simon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts