Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you go with Religion?

Yes, No, Undecided?

Me - undecided but I'm for sure convinced that most of the **** on planet Earth is down to religion or humans interpretation of their religious brand.

A bit like cars lol

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm concerned that people who have their finger on the nuclear button also believe that there was a talking snake in the garden of Eden, that Darwin is wrong and that God made the world, even though we know ALL elements are created when stars implode, stupid scientists with their evidence!

It says God created heaven and earth and then after created light! That means it was all made it the dark which must be bloomin' tough, Like spraying a car at night and then admiring your work in the morning. In the first two chapters God does brilliantly, making heaven, Earth and night and day. But in the difficult third chapter he messes up a bit with that bloomin' talking snake...

Thanks to RG

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Grew up in Belfast during some bad times with the country still divided about religion, so deff not for me.

I travel the world with my job and must admit the UK and America are so acceptable to religion and race that it's tough to see that the muslim states preach hate towards us.

If you are a christian in a muslim country you may be prepared to suffer some difficulties, I spend my time saying i'm nothing but the colour of my skin unfortunately draws the unwanted attention.

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
I travel quite extensively as part of my job and what continues to make a lasting impression on me is the level of hypocrisy, brain washing and hatred that certain cultures have towards different religions and social castes. It beggars belief that mankind can let things like this happen in the 'modern' world. There are however some good elements to certain religions, however unfortunately it appears to me that humanity as a whole has lost sight of that.

I'm all for live and let live. As long as somebody with certain beliefs and religious tendencies doesn't inflict that on me or my family in any way shape or form, then that's fine by me. I choose to have nothing to do with it, and they should respect that. :nice:

So as you've probably guessed, religion for me is a dirty word :blush: so i'm just going to leave it there... :nice:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Well thats an interesting one someone made everything on this planet which was designed to live in perfect harmony it didn't just happen.

If you have a near death experience like I had you may just change your opinion of wether there is a higher being. Lets leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.