Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to my dealer today to ask if they could hold the car for a few weeks from the time it arrives at their dealership (Say mid March as an example)

The dealer told me that this may be unlikely as the car MUST be registered 45days from leaving the factory not the usual 180days.

Now if someone can shed some light on this that would be great as I'm sure cars could be sat for a while without been registered.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Presumably it's also advertising, if the first vehicles are registered and on the road it attracts more customers, if you just stick it in a shed and delay registering then Ford may as well sold you one later on.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I think the clue will be in the name they are coming from 'Ford Store'.

The 'Ford Store' will get a commission/fee for selling the car on the factory's behalf.

The dealer never buys it themself and makes a margin.

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
I think the clue will be in the name they are coming from 'Ford Store'.

The 'Ford Store' will get a commission/fee for selling the car on the factory's behalf.

The dealer never buys it themself and makes a margin.
Every car delivered to a Ford dealer is invoiced to that dealer, they don't work on a Commision basis for Ford. FACT.

It's simple maths multiply the number of cars made by a cost to the dealer and you have one hell of a costly inventory.
Do you think any manufacturer of cars wants that? No way Jose.

Dealers do get preferential interest rates from the OEMs credit company (e.g Ford Credit), but as the OEMs finance arm is a registered bank they have very stringent controls they have to work to.

So yes there may be some favourable interest rates, but free cars for X months to sell at Y price for a Z Commision.
Not in a million years, it would bankrupt the motor industry in general.

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
If its 45days from leaving the factory, then how long does it take to get from the factory to the dealer, through customs ?
When my mk2 was built it was gate released on 27th July 2009,
was registered on 30 July 2009 (still in transit) and I collected it on 12-Aug-2009

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.