Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering is anyone running the RED spring on REVO 4+ ?

i have the blue in at the moment, but as 4+ boosts at 1.7 bar would the red not be more suitable?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
First off, is it actually 1.7bar, or just what the needle in the middle is saying?

Since running my Innovate boost gauge, that actually takes a pressure reading from the vacuum line under the engine cover, I've noticed how inaccurate the standard gauge was. My OEM gauge would normally read 1.6bar, ish. Innovate rarely reads above 1.25 bar.

A genuine 1.7bar sounds quite high! Few places i've read online suggest 1.4 is max (unless that's just in standard form)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
First off, is it actually 1.7bar, or just what the needle in the middle is saying?

Since running my Innovate boost gauge, that actually takes a pressure reading from the vacuum line under the engine cover, I've noticed how inaccurate the standard gauge was. My OEM gauge would normally read 1.6bar, ish. Innovate rarely reads above 1.25 bar.

A genuine 1.7bar sounds quite high! Few places i've read online suggest 1.4 is max (unless that's just in standard form)
revo 4+ does command 1.7 bar mate, stage 4 is 1.55

Cant say i study the gauge much as im too busy holding onto the steering wheel haha

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
As said. Dnt rely to much on the oem boost gauge. Hitting 1.7 bar of boost in standard internals will eventually blow the ring lands. The red spring isnt suitable as boost may end up being a bit more violent. If I was you I'd phone your local tuner. Ask them on what they would recommend

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As said. Dnt rely to much on the oem boost gauge. Hitting 1.7 bar of boost in standard internals will eventually blow the ring lands
I'm also running water meth to help keep things cool, havent heard of any ringlands blowing with meth yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.