Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently posted about a dump valve I personally love the sound, but will I need a updated recirc if I want to eventually get revo stage 2 ?

Ps I can't find any videos, what do these recirc valves sound like ?

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
The don't sound like dump valves because they're recirculating the air not dumping it into the atmosphere. But depending on your air filter, exhaust and turbo you can get decent chatter and noise. I'd give up on the idea of atmospheric dump valves. From what I hear these cars don't run well on them. I much prefer the popping and banging from the exhaust and chatter.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You won't need a recirc for stage 2, its only exhaust and intake.

It's hard to describe the noise but I love it, much more turbo flutter then the hiss of a dump valve

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The don't sound like dump valves because they're recirculating the air not dumping it into the atmosphere. But depending on your air filter, exhaust and turbo you can get decent chatter and noise. I'd give up on the idea of atmospheric dump valves. From what I hear these cars don't run well on them. I much prefer the popping and banging from the exhaust and chatter.
I just have standard car apart from turbo back milltek ( decat )
You won't need a recirc for stage 2, its only exhaust and intake.

It's hard to describe the noise but I love it, much more turbo flutter then the hiss of a dump valve
What do I need to get full power of stage 2?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
------ just ordered , mountune recirc and a K&N direct replacement filter ... So will this get rid of mouse and give me more chatter?

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
It will. But more noise is all about freeing up restrictions on intake and outflow. So bigger air filter, down pipe, non res centre pipe. As power increases through mods like hybrid turbo, bigger injectors, remap, noise will change too. Different kind of chatter, like a rattle snake. More pops, more bangs. Take it in steps. The recirc valve you ordered for me is top notch, the filter will help. If it's he 57s take the bung out. If you really want noise take the lid off the airbox but you'll sacrifice power as you'll draw in hot air. But try it for fun.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the minute I'm having boost problems it's booked in to ford next month but going to take it to sitech hopefully next week. Sometimes boosts all the way then sometimes only half way and struggles for power almost .

That's me now got milltek turbo back decat, air filter and mountune recirc.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ah okay I seen you mentioning you loved the sound of a dump valve so was a tad confused weather you wanted loud or quiet. Yeah if it's the k&n with the closed end it should be quieter, the mountune recirc will also cure the mouse whistle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh I do love the sound of the dump valve but sounds like it's more hassle than it's worth . And with the way my cars been over the past year it would prob only bring me more trouble lol think I'm going to try buy the parts over Xmas to go for stage 4 next year when the weather gets better again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts