Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some idiot nicked the rear centre light from the RS over the last couple of days. They seem to have just cut the wire and popped it out. Standard focus part I'd imagine. Anyone know if I just buy a replacement and fit it myself or does the fact they cut the wire make things difficult? Angry isn't the word. Happened whilst we were away on holiday. Glad I had the steering lock on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
A replacement from Ford is about £220. They have a short wire and connector to plug into the car loom. If your lucky they have cut the wire leaving the light connector plugged into the loom.
Identical Hella fog lights can be bought on ebay for about £40. But these don't come with the connector on the wire.

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
A replacement from Ford is about £220. They have a short wire and connector to plug into the car loom. If your lucky they have cut the wire leaving the light connector plugged into the loom.
Identical Hella fog lights can be bought on ebay for about £40. But these don't come with the connector on the wire.
Looks like the high level brake light from that pic not the rear fog.

Part number 1855771

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
makes you wonder if they were after the spoiler itself and got disturbed or if they were even trying to steal the car by hacking into the canbus somehow, a lucky escape maybe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
makes you wonder if they were after the spoiler itself and got disturbed or if they were even trying to steal the car by hacking into the canbus somehow, a lucky escape maybe
I'm confident they weren't disturbed as I've spoken to all my neighbors about it. The replacement part from ford is £37 so I might just get them to fit a replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts