Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed a rattle from the handbrake assembly at the back of the rear hub with their Alcon's.

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its just a possibility mine are rattling either that or its the heat shield. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed a problem.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Sounds like you may need new anti rattle springs fitting to the bell bobbins Rog, Jacksons have what you need.

It's the round wire rings that loose their spring.

Product Automotive tire Auto part Machine Gas

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bry what should I ask for, in other words do they have a part number I can quote.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
As Rico said. There isn't a rear brake upgrade from Alcon. Be nice if there was. Rattling at the back could be brake pad rattle. Or even work anti roll bar links

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
As Rico said. There isn't a rear brake upgrade from Alcon. Be nice if there was. Rattling at the back could be brake pad rattle. Or even work anti roll bar links
This is what confused me thought everyone knew the rear brakes are oem painted so I assumed Rog was mistaking it for the known Alcon front disc rattle.

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry my confusion purchased the complete set from Mountune front and rear brakes a couple of years ago. I realise that its only the front's that are Alcon's the rear are obviously OEM with uprated discs. Rattle started about six months ago. Had the car up on the ramp and there does seem to be some movement by the handbrake assembly that could be causing the rattle. Worse on worn corrugated road surfaces. I recently changed the drop links as the rubbers had perished but that wasn't the cause.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.