Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that a wet patch was on the ground near my car on Saturday. I initially thought a dog peed on my car. But then also saw it by the nearside middle. When I lifted the bonnet, I noticed that my coolant level in the tank was just below minimum. Yesterday I took the undertrays off to examine it. Noticed it appears to be at the nearside end of the bottom of the radiator.

Now I guess would end up having to buy a new radiator. Surprised they don't seem to last that long. it has done just about 6 years and 32,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
Mine was changed at just under a year old. Still ok at the moment but I would change for an uprated one if it leaked again. Is the foam wet under the rad if not it might be the aircon.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Its common yes but also think at other models of vehicle they probably suffer with the same problem, mines still going strong standard unit at 5 yrs old. I suppose its one of them things that happen, nothing is built to last

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just had an airtec one fitted last Saturday as my 2nd rs one had split, this one was pretty much dead on 2 years old, it was fitted mid augus 2013

·
Registered
958 Posts
Had a Pro Alloy fitted last Saturday along with a full set of hoses - hopefully no more coolant top ups now.

·
Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has stopped leaking again, it appears on and off. I would however invest in airtec. Reading up on it, it seems the best aftermarket one especially with welded end tanks and 50mm core compared to standard 30mm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts