Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which dealer are you using Richard? They seem pretty good to keep you involved like this.
Honda Letchworth.

I'm amazed. They have been amazing and this is the cherry on top. The sales chap was actually called Sales and was great. He said this R type is aimed at a buyer Honda haven't attracted before and this attention is part of that...

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Honda Letchworth.
I'm amazed. They have been amazing and this is the cherry on top. The sales chap was actually called Sales and was great. He said this R type is aimed at a buyer Honda haven't attracted before and this attention is part of that...
Thx. May give them a ring and see what it's like myself.

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
Which dealer are you using Richard? They seem pretty good to keep you involved like this.
I will pop into my nearest Honda dealer and see what they say about a test drive in the type R. Not that the RS is going just interested in doing a comparison.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
So how many of you tyre kickers are going to buy one after you've realised it outperforms your 6yr old RS in every aspect you couldn't imagine? :)

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
You're probably right, that's one very attractive quality about the RS, it's ability to hold value. I fear for the new mk3, if could become a victim of its own success like the early EP3 Type-R's etc, where they were everywhere!!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
So how many of you tyre kickers are going to buy one after you've realised it outperforms your 6yr old RS in every aspect you couldn't imagine? :)
Being 6 years newer I would be shocked and disappointed if it didn't outperform the RS tbh

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well on paper the stats are very similar for speed, torque and 0-62 times. However, the Race mode makes the car unusable on UK roads, the exhaust sound is poor and drones, it is based on a platform that is inferior to the MK2 Focus, it has copied the Revo knuckle as a means to control torque steer, it almost certainly will not hold its value like a MK2 RS, it is not great looking and , when I turned up for my test drive in my RS the attention turned away from the R type towards the RS showing it still oozes charisma in a way other cars can only aspire to. Plus you get a better class of fanatics with an RS...
So several aspects there I have imagined where the RS is arguably not out performed...

That said I admire Honda for the RType which is a good car and I wish Ford had also followed that route but apparently the civic is just for Europe rather than the world....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts