Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Is it worth us all getting a list of questions together for Frankfurt, or is the show not really the place to get definitive answers? Unfortunately I can't make it, but would really like to know the answers to some questions, just in case they aren't covered in the information release.

Only if the good people going to Frankfurt wish to participate though.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
No point making another thread, as Keith already made it . :)

I'll be going to Frankfurt next week , not sure if anyone else is.

So , if you have any questions regarding Mk3 Rs , please post them, and I (or we ) would try to get as many as possible, where it's possible :nice:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
What is the annual scheduled production volume set up between Ford & their suppliers?

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
one could always tweet Mark Truby these questions in advance of Frankfurt, in the expectation of them being answered?

I know @Rich follows Mark .

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Probably best to wait until we see what info is released next week, and then see what questions still need answering

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
Will there be a special like the RS500 at the end of the production run and what sort of volumes could we expect?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
How many aggressive launches can you do without knackering the clutch

I heard after so many in a Evo the clutch is ****ed , think it was 5 or summet

·
Registered
433 Posts
How many aggressive launches can you do without knackering the clutch
It should be plenty IF you dont do them all in a row :)

In my first Scooby I did a dozen ish drag days with 10 ish runs each and several track days. when I sold after 55k miles it was still running fine.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
It should be plenty IF you dont do them all in a row :)

In my first Scooby I did a dozen ish drag days with 10 ish runs each and several track days. when I sold after 55k miles it was still running fine.
I think my mate bought your car on ebay drunk one night 😊 he bought a Scooby for £1100 without viewing it (we did egg him on a bit) He lived in Manchester and the vehicle was in Kent so he travelled down to get it, drove it 1 mile down the road and the clutch gave up. Came the rest of the way on the back of a recovery truck. Not stopped spending on it since. 😝

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think my mate bought your car on ebay drunk one night he bought a Scooby for £1100 without viewing it (we did egg him on a bit) He lived in Manchester and the vehicle was in Kent so he travelled down to get it, drove it 1 mile down the road and the clutch gave up. Came the rest of the way on the back of a recovery truck. Not stopped spending on it since.
Ha. I doubt it was mine, I am in Scotland and sold it to the Perth Subaru dealer in 2003. Not done many drag or track days since but will have a go in the RS at least once.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.