Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what your start point, and full flow point are in psi?

Seen varied opinions from 10/20 , to 8/17

Had my meth fitted last week, and tbh it feels like its lost power/torque

Although im thinking it could possibly be my big boost pipes which i fitted at the same time which makes it slightly laggier

Still making 1.7 bar of boost so dont think its a leak, more my meth settings

·
Registered
228 Posts
Your meth should be set to come in at around 7psi, Simon at Sitech set mine for 7. I had the same as you meth and pro alloy boost pipes fitted at exactly the same time with jwr 120i. Dyno before made exactly 420bhp believe it or not and dyno after made 441.4 after a drive for some adaption.

Make sure you take the car for a drive to allow it to learn a bit .

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive done around 200 miles since fitted

Doesent seem like i pins u back as much as it did

What is your full flow point set to?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Maybe not then i only covered about 20 miles for adaption. Who fitted the meth? There has been a lot of debate of where to mount the nozzle.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May of found the problem

Checked all hose clips and the hot side pipe where it meets the cooler had a bit of a leak i think, as it was wet around the edges

I must admit for the price the boost pipe kit is i was not impressed with the quality of the hose clips

Cheap and nasty

Swapped it over for a stronger clip i had lying around and will see if it cures it

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
@RS-kermit - check the hose and the three-way 'Y' connector that's located beneath the inlet plenum and adjacent to the symposer (if you have one).

The white nylon connector had snapped on mine, making the car feel lethargic, with none of that manic boost that you know it should have.

At least check the connections in case something is loose.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checked literally every single hose clip mate, repositioned and tightened them up

I suspect it was the hot side cooler pipe though as you could see it was slightly wet around the edges

Just took it for a blast and all is sorted now, so must of been a loose clip like i imagined!

I wish they supplied the same clips that AS do as there much stronger, **** poor from pro alloy to supply ****e clips really

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.