Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it is light, but OMG they must have been a tad surprised by the RS spec and price

Peugeot 308 GTi 270

Location France; On sale October; Price From £28,250; Engine 4 cyls, 1598cc, petrol; Power 268bhp at 6000rpm; Torque 243lb ft 1900-5000rpm; Kerb weight 1200kg; Gearbox 6-spd manual; 0-62mph 6.0sec; Top speed 145mph; Economy 47.0mpg (combined); CO2/tax band 139g/km, 22%

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Co2 and kerb weight is hugely impressive for a 268 bhp hot hatch, the rest is just meh :boring:

Esp after 700 pounds extra gets you Awd 350 bhp fire drifting monster , they need to drop it by at least 6k to have any chance of surviving.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Co2 and kerb weight is hugely impressive for a 268 bhp hot hatch, the rest is just meh :boring:

Esp after 700 pounds extra gets you Awd 350 bhp fire drifting monster , they need to drop it by at least 6k to have any chance of surviving.
Wow, i didn't see the price until you referred to it. It's like they developed it without looking at the competition (Honda Civic Type R, Focus RS MK3, etc).

I think you've got to be a die hard Peugeot fan to pay this kind of money for one. Surely it's a mistake.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Wow, i didn't see the price until you referred to it. It's like they developed it without looking at the competition (Honda Civic Type R, Focus RS MK3, etc).

I think you've got to be a die hard Peugeot fan to pay this kind of money for one. Surely it's a mistake.
Indeed :yep:
loved my 306 back in the day, it was one of the best handling non performance cars I've ever driven , but Pug are loosing their plot lately :nope:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Indeed :yep:
loved my 306 back in the day, it was one of the best handling non performance cars I've ever driven , but Pug are loosing their plot lately :nope:
Totally agree.

When I were a lad I had a 309 GTI - fantastic car and the handling and grip were very impressive at the time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts