Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2010 Focus RS MP350 Lux 2
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem connecting to their MK2 Bluetooth (Lux 2) lately?

I'm using a Pixel 6 on the latest January update - the Bluetooth has been working fine for phone calls and streaming for the last year or so, but the last couple of times I've driven the car I've noticed it won't connect. I'm wondering if it's just a case of the latest update on my phone causing problems and obviously the Bluetooth in these cars is getting pretty old now... or if it's something else?

I've tried all the obvious stuff, restarting both the phone and car, turning Bluetooth on and off, re-pairing etc. It pairs just fine but then struggles to connect. It almost seems to connect for a split second, and then it drops, and then it gets stuck in a loop connecting and disconnecting... very odd!

Registered
I had an issue years ago with an iPhone and a similar expeirence. Had to wait for an update to resolve it.

Have you got a different device you can try, to confirm it's the phone and not the car?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an issue years ago with an iPhone and a similar expeirence. Had to wait for an update to resolve it.

Have you got a different device you can try, to confirm it's the phone and not the car?
Looks like I found the issue....

Also tested my Mum's phone running a previous version and it works fine, so definitely my phone's update! Fingers crossed it will get patched soon!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool - glad you've found the cause. As I say, I had a similar issue with iPhones years ago.

Have you got a USB port? If so, stick some tunes on that for a bit
Yeah I can revert to the old school ways of using my ancient iPod for the time being! 馃槀 Either that or just enjoy the exhaust....

Fingers crossed they'll patch it in February's security patch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts